As the staff software engineer on this team, you will be a key contributor on a specialized team to help take the Marketo platform components such as the Marketing Campaign Engine to the next level of scalability and performance. You will use technologies such as Spark / Streaming to process the incoming flow of tasks, technologies such as Akka to handle the processing workflow, and technologies such as Cassandra / HBase for data storage processing. This new generation of Marketing Campaign engine is expected to handle millions of tasks per second, as well as terabytes of data per day.
If you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun-loving environment, we think this is a good opportunity for you.
- Design, develop and test (including automated, continuous integration) key product features/components of our platform
- Develop systems that are highly reliable, scalable, but surprisingly easy to maintain. Be independent in feature/component design and conduct effective peer code reviews where needed
- Be an active participant in the architecture and design discussions
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of industry software development experience
- Strong core Java, design patterns and OOD/OOP skills
- Industry experience in Big Data technologies, including:
- Hadoop, HBase
- Yarn, Oozie, Zookeeper
- Solr / Lucene
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.portlandrecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/440953991/staff-software-engineer!