There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we re all about at John Deere. And it s why we re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world s brightest minds are tackling the world s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Electric Drives Engineer, Product Verification & Validation - 30412
As an Electric Drives Engineer - Production Verification & Validation, at John Deere s Construction and Forestry Division (Dubuque Works), you will lead, plan, develop and execute analysis and verification plans for high power electric drive components, sub-systems, & systems. In addition, you will:
- Perform power electronic and electric motor analysis for off-highway electric drive systems applications.
- Perform hybrid vehicle and electric drive component testing in state of the art lab.
- Drive and support improvements to the current component and vehicle electric drive testing process.
- Provide problem solving of issues on new electric drive product development and current production.
- Participate in print reviews and design reviews of new electric drive products.
US Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of previous engineering experience performing analysis, testing and/or design work for a defined portion of a project or equivalent.
- Knowledge of power electronics and electric machine operating principles.
- Analytical experience in electro-magnetic principals and power electronic controls.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership potential.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (both domestic and internationally).
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Previous dynamometer and vehicle test experience.
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis software, such as: LabVIEW, dSpace, Glyphworks, Matlab, NI, etc.
- Experience utilizing SAEJ1939 interfacing tools or other vehicle controller interfaces.
- Knowledge of standard laboratory instrumentation and calibration processes.
- Knowledge of environmental verification testing.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with focus on electric drives.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Associated topics: design, develop, electric, electrical, electrical engineer, electronic, engineer, plc, power, systems
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.dubuquerecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/440953957/electric-drives-engineer-product-verification-validation!