Posted Under: Pittsfield, Massachusetts jobs in Executive; Executive jobs
Posted On: 2017-09-22 01:00:00
Ice River Springs is a privately owned environmental beverage company with thirteen facilities across North America, specializing in bottled water products. It is the recipient of numerous industry and vendor awards in recognition of our efforts to reduce waste and environmental impact. Ice River Springs requires a Plant Manager in our Pittsfield, MA High speed bottling facility. Plant Manager Responsibilities:
- Plant Manager leads the team to achieve the performance targets of the Plant and is directly accountable for all Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), production cost targets, labor utilization, yield, and all Ice River Optimization (IRO) targets and outcomes. Leads daily and weekly site meetings and manages all KPI's through direct reports.
- Plant Manager directs the team to ensure quality and safety aspects of production are being maintained and improved in compliance with Provincial Regulations and customer expectations. Set and meet all regulatory audit targets. Accountable for all aspects of Quality Assurance and HACCP through direct responsibility for QA Manager/Supervisor on site.
- Manages the performance and development of the department resources through training, informal feedback and individual performance appraisals. Depending on size of plant the reporting structure may have hourly employees reporting directly to Plant Manager.
- Plant Manager Ensures Maximization of the plant asset utilization including line loading, inventory management, planning optimization and production run.
- Analyzes deviation from targets and ensures root causes are properly identified and solved, involving all key stakeholders up stream and down-stream in the process.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives and ensures consistent measurement and reporting on KPI's ensuring progress toward targets is visible and well understood by all plant personnel. Provides input to the Vice President of Operations on the overall direction of the Plant Operations and assists in creating systems to ensure consistency in the management of multiple sites.
- Plant Manager ensures customer service targets are met through synchronization of manufacturing process and activities with all functional area teams, from demand planning through to the delivery to the customer. Developing Service Level Agreements (SLA's) internally with all functional areas is critical to this responsibility.
- Prepare and execute the plant overhead budget and direct product cost targets.
- Prepare and monitor capital expenditure plan and recommends and implements capital improvement plan and budget.
- Maintain and build knowledge of all external regulating bodies that impact plant performance such as CFIA/FDA, all statutory laws, Health and Safety, Environmental and all legislation impacting management of people.
- Responsible for ensuring implementation of Food Safety Program. Assist in verifying and validating of Food Safety Program and SQF adherence. The successful Plant Manager will possess:
- 5-10 years of Senior Management experience in a manufacturing/production environment, preferably in bottling/ food water industry.
- Drives for results through clear focus on bottom-line, high commitment and ownership of success, leading change, commitment to quality and driving simplification of process.
- Customer orientation, earning customer confidence and measuring progress toward meeting all Service Level Agreements.
- Strategic orientation, with thought leadership, understanding the business, creating new and different models of success as business builds, driving innovation, shaping future strategy.
- Team Leadership and Personal Effectiveness, communicating effectively, drives rewards and recognition, commitment to development of others, inspires integrity, ethics and trust, role model for leadership behaviors. Ice River Springs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.pittsfieldrecruiter.com/executive-jobs/440774841/plant-manager!