Career Fair Event!
BJ's Restaurants is having an Open House Event for Restaurant and Kitchen Managers!
Tuesday, September 5th 9 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday, September 6th 8 AM-12 PM
8 California Ave
Albany, NY 12205
Please bring a resume
WHO WE ARE....
186 restaurants in 24 states as of January 2017 - 182 large-format restaurants (7,000 -10,000 sq. ft.) - 4 small-format restaurants (2,000 - 4,000 sq. ft.) 1 R&D test restaurant (6,000 interior sq. ft.)
- A long-term growth plan: BJ's opened an impressive 17 restaurants in 2016, and an aggressive growth plan of large format restaurants in 2017
- Our restaurants feature: Broad, diversified menu for any dining occasion - signature menu items including deep-dish pizza, craft beer, and our famous 'pizookie' dessert -Contemporary, high quality, "casual plus" positioning
- Our restaurants generate: Industry-leading average unit volumes of approximately$5.7 million - industry leading guest traffic - average guest check of approximately $14- $15.
As a leading force in the premium casual dining industry, we live out our desire to provide extraordinary value to our guests along with a sincere commitment to support the communities in which we do business. BJ's is uniquely "approachable" by every consumer demographic, and we strive to protect that approachability as we grow. It is because of our guests that we have been able to realize a dream and create the company and culture that thrives today.
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for managing all functions of the restaurant during opening, mid or closing shifts. Key responsibilities include hiring, managing, supervising and training restaurant team members and ensuring a Gold Standard guest experience.
All management positions at BJ's Restaurants are classified as exempt. As an exempt manager, you must spend more than 50% of your time performing managerial duties and must regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion on matters of consequence to the restaurant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operational Execution
- Perform Open / Mid-Day / Closing duties
- Conduct daily briefings on matters of importance to the team
- Manage all necessary repair and maintenance issues
- Manage the Restaurant Risk Review audit process and implement necessary changes
- Manage local restaurant marketing, sales building, and community involvement
- Facilitate and participate in Continued Education Program
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Company policies and laws
- Make recommendations concerning development, promotion, and disciplinary action affecting team members
- Make hiring and termination recommendations to General Manager
- Cooperate with Team Member Relations Department and management team in investigating Team Member Hotline and Restaurant Support Center inquiries relating to restaurant
- Food & Beverage Execution
- Ensure safety & sanitation
- Monitor food and beverage quality and execution
- Conduct Quarterly Food Reviews
- Prepare and receive orders of food and beverages
- Conduct weekly inventories to ensure that proper levels are stocked and to assess ordering patterns and changes
- Monitor and validate daily prep production
- Team Member Relations
- Coach, mentor, and discipline hourly team members
- Monitor facilitate team member recognition
- Service Execution and Guest Relations
- Train, coach and develop team members to ensure they are providing Gold Standard service to BJ's guests
- Manage guest relations and guest recovery
- A minimum of two years full service, high volume, casual dining restaurant management experience
- High personal integrity, professionalism, and maturity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- Ability to motivate and direct team members and work effectively in management team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional guest service orientation
- Ability to stand and walk around a restaurant to supervise operations for 8-10 hours
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, and raise arms above head on occasion
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.albanynyrecruiter.com/hospitality-tourism-jobs/440648961/restaurant-manager-albany-ny!