A global leader in technology manufacturing, our client is home to a large, diverse team of innovative designers, engineers and developers who are dedicated to working together to bring high quality products to consumers worldwide. They are seeking a well-versed Mechanical Design Engineer. This Mechanical Design Engineer works closely with engineers, management and customers while supervising the product development team. This individual will also produce and construct improvements to BU products to meet customers' expectations.
- Creation of fresh electromechanical products.
- Ability to utilize 2D/3D CAD design tools.
- Act as primary point of contact for clients and customers.
- Guides development using the Product Development Phase Gate Process.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years experience in custom electrical connectors (chassis, racks, bus-bars, shelves, and backplane mechanics).
- Understanding of design layout and drafting standards.
- 2D and 3D experience.
- Solid understanding of various connectors/cables/solutions manufacturing process.
- Strong communication skills are a must.
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY: Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. This client is open to paying relocation costs for the right candidate.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.chicagorecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/440645855/mechanical-design-engineer!