There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we re all about at John Deere. And it s why we re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world s brightest minds are tackling the world s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - North Dakota (US-ND) - Fargo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Electronic Design Engineer - 31976
As an entry-level Electronic Design Engineer for John Deere Electronic Solutions (JDES), located in Fargo, North Dakota, you will design, modify and evaluate defined portions of electronic products for use in rugged environments to meet quality, delivery and cost goals. In addition you will:
- Perform requirements capture, concept designing, detailed worst case analog and digital circuit analysis, simulation, integration and verification for projects basic in scope. Selects components based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Operate in a team environment; provide input to design solutions and participate in design reviews.
- Develop recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by supervisors before implementation.
- Apply existing design solutions to routine problems.
- Produce and/or evaluate possible design solutions for electronic assemblies to improve cost, quality and performance based on electronic design knowledge of engineering applications together with the involvement of manufacturing, mechanical, software and other functional engineers, supply management and supplier personnel.
- Analyze, read and understand technical requirements written by others to determine the best technical solution for routine problems or projects.
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and supplier personnel.
- Learn and apply company engineering policies and practices and company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
*** U.S. visa sponsorship is NOT available for the role. ***
What Skills You Need
- Experience (practical/internship/educational) in electronic circuit design.
- Demonstrated ability to perform routine engineering work and tasks requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures.
- Experience that required demonstration of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in roles (practical/intership/educational) that required a demonstrated ability to technically comprehend testing, manufacturing, quality control, and marketing requirements.
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience with Pspice or other circuit simulation tools
- Experience with MathCAD
- Experience with Mentor Graphics or other schematic capture tools
- Experience with designing to harsh environmental specifications
- Experience with 8, 16 or 32 bit micro controllers.
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Associated topics: adapter, cellular, diagram, electrical, electrician, plc, power, rf, stationary engineer, wiring
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.fargorecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/440505957/electronic-design-engineer!