There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we re all about at John Deere. And it s why we re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world s brightest minds are tackling the world s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Davenport
Function: Quality Engineering
Title: Part Time Student - Quality Engineering - Davenport, IA - 27779
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company's regular full-time staff, and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule. In this position you will:
- Drive quality improvement of compact loader product line.
- Ensure proper progress and communication between a cross functional team.
- Analyze warranty claims to determine actions needed to identify and eliminate root cause.
- Assist in the development of new parts by ensuring proper execution of quality activities
We need excellent communicators, who thrive on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will be pursuing a degree in Engineering; others may apply. In addition, we require:
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local university
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Graduation date of May 2018 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 16 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience with SAP, Windchill, advanced Excel functions
- Experience working in a factory environment
- Familiarity with off-highway construction and forestry equipment
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Associated topics: aviation, biomaterials, chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer science, electrical, environmental, industrial, information retrieval, systems engineering
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.davenportrecruiter.com/other-jobs/440505935/part-time-student-quality-engineering-davenport-ia!