Posted Under: San Rafael, California jobs in Hospitality & Tourism; Hospitality & Tourism jobs
Posted On: 2017-09-20 07:00:00
Overview The Valet Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Service valets and to ensure smooth and efficient traffic flow through the facility, to increase guest convenience, and to maintain an orderly service parking area. INITIAL INTERVIEW PROCESSWe are excited to introduce a convenient initial VIDEO interview process. Selected candidates will receive an invitation to participate via Spark Hire where you'll have the opportunity to present your best self; for more information and tips visit Responsibilities
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of the service valet staff.
- Oversees the operation of the Service valet and ensures staff members perform their jobs efficiently and accurately.
- Maintains and schedules appropriate staff to accommodate the service pick-ups and deliveries.
- Communicates with service valets staff to ensure dealership policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Ensures Service lot is kept neat and organized and all vehicles are secured.
- Drives vehicles from the service lane to their proper places in the service parking lot.
- Handles guests' complaints with integrity and poise, and, when necessary, refers dissatisfied guests to the appropriate individuals for resolution.
- Assists in all other areas of the Service Department and performs other administrative duties, as needed.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Maintains high ethical standards. Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a valet or related field;
- Knowledge of basic mathematical concepts (such as add, subtract, divide, multiply, and percentages);
- Ability to operate manual transmission vehicles; coordinate the activities with other employees and to oversee the work of subordinates; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, internet and in person; use standard office equipment;
- Must have a valid driver's license and maintain an acceptable and safe driving record.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Why Penske Motor Group Because we are awesome! Mercedes-Benz of Marin, part of Penske Motor Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day; and we are proud to be one of the few luxury auto dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area that remains family-owned and operated to this day. Over the years, we've been happy to employ, serve, and be a part of the communities like San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Walnut Creek, Fairfield, and many more. Adapting and providing superior guest service has made Mercedes-Benz of Marin the winner of the Mercedes-Benz best of the best award since 2012. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team! Are you eager, well-rounded, and ambitious? Do you value exceptional guest service? Are you ready for the new adventure in your career? Then apply with us today! We firmly believe in transparency with everything we do, and we firmly believe in being a TEAM, our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to pave your success. NEED WE SAY MORE?... OK, WE WILL...OUR TEAM MEMBERS ALSO ENJOY:
- Free Employee Parking
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others
- Access to our Health & Wellness ProgramSTILL WANT TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE? MBM - Worth the Drive MBM - AMG Center Want to know what it's like to work here? Check us out on Glassdoor.com! PMG on GlassdoorPMG on Facebook
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.sanrafaelrecruiter.com/hospitality-tourism-jobs/440502797/valet-supervisor!