Posted Under: Cleveland, Ohio jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 44101
Posted On: 2017-09-19 16:00:00
Job DescriptionCritical Care Transport Paramedic - Adult Mobile Intensive Care UnitOVERVIEW:A Paramedic working for Donald Martens and Sons Ambulance Service is responsible for responding to emergent and non-emergent calls that require a higher level of medical care. This could include intravenous administration, administration of medications, advanced oxygen treatment and advanced cardiac medication. Works closely with other Paramedics and/or EMTS to deliver excellent patient care and customer service.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing pre-hospital emergency care, such as administering oxygen, CPR, direct IV fluids, stabilize the condition of a patient, following established guidelines and protocols.
- Assessing the extent of sickness or injury accurately and inquiring about the patient’s medical history.
- Performing emergency diagnosis and relevant treatment such as airway management, heart monitoring, placing catheters for venous access, etc.
- Administering invasive and non-invasive therapies, including intubation and pulmonary ventilation, application of bandages, immobilization of fractures and various other tasks.
- Dealing with physical as well as emotional needs of a patient.
- Handling radio communications and coordinating with dispatch center.
- Transporting the patient to the appropriate medical facility..
- Documentation of the nature of illness and treatment provided while en route to the facility. This documentation is required for accurate communication to staff at facility as well as for proper billing.
- Ensuring that the emergency care equipment functions properly and replacing the supplies in the ambulance throughout your shift.
- May be required to assist in in-house training presentations and new hire orientation. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of an Approved Paramedic Training Program and a valid Ohio Paramedic License.
- Maintain current ACLS/BLS certification at a minimum.
- CCEMTP or CICP
- FPC (preferred)
- Must maintain continuing education for proper certification.
- Knowledge of Emergency Medical Service operations, community disaster response, familiarity with Ohio Health Safety Codes governing EMS, pre-hospital care policies and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication and the ability to use a computer
- Valid Ohio drivers license
- Minimum of 3 years Critical Care Paramedic experience required. PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS The following is a description of the physical and mental abilities, which are customarily required to perform the essential job functions of this position. Applicants are encouraged to contact the human resource department for any questions or to request an accommodation during the testing/selection process. Physical Characteristics: Must be able to lift, push and pull 125 lbs. Independent body mobility to stand, walk, bend, stoop, sit for prolonged time and to drive a vehicle; manual dexterity to reach, grasp, manipulate small objects and precision instruments to give injections, take pulse and blood pressure; manual dexterity to hand write or use computer keyboard; vision sufficient to see/read gauges, thermometers and calibrated measuring instruments, labels on medications, computer screen and to drive a vehicle; hear and speak well enough to communicate with the public at normal conversation level in person and over the phone. Environmental Conditions: Will be required to work in the field, wear protective equipment/clothing as required by protocol; may work in settings where patients who have a communicable diseases may have been; may be assigned to evenings, weekends and/or holidays. Company DescriptionFounded in 1964, Donald Martens and Sons Ambulance Service, Inc. is one of the oldest, private, family owned ambulance services in the state of Ohio. http://martensambulance.com/careers/For Martens Ambulance, our exceptionally talented workforce enables us to serve the most sought after clients. In turn, we attract and retain medical professionals because they have the opportunity to work with premier clients such as the Cleveland Clinic and the Cleveland Indians.Donald Martens & Sons Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.clevelandrecruiter.com/healthcare-jobs/440308133/critical-care-transport-paramedic-adult-micu!