The Job Jobber
Project Engineer - Electrical (Division)
The Project Engineer will support the execution of the company's business plan by effectively executing assigned engineering projects and assisting Engineering Project Managers as directed to complete major engineering projects. Only applicants with a BSEE degree will be considered for this role.
- The Project Engineer determines customer's needs by identifying problems and safety concerns as well as develop and evaluate alternate solutions to narrow down and define project scope.
- He or she will coordinate, prepare and/or assemble the engineering package/project documentation for each assigned project based on direction provided from manager.
- Provide the purchasing services for project materials required. This includes: reviewing potential vendors, contact with vendors, coordinating with the Purchasing Department, issuing purchase orders, some price negotiation, and expediting delivery.
- Coordinates project costs, project scheduling, and supplying pertinent communication for projects that may vary in terms of scope and responsibilities.
- Interfaces with people, departments, and/or companies to insure that equipment is safe, made on schedule and to specification
- Coordinates or assists with installation, checkout, start-up and training as necessary.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrates growing knowledge of engineering standards and shows ability to apply concepts and theories to resolve increasingly complex issues. Looks to external sources to keep up with current industry.
- Project Management: Begins acting as project or team leader with increasing ownership of projects. Shows increased ability in performing cost analysis and managing project costs.
- Decision Making and Analysis: Examines information from internal/external sources. Is not afraid to make decisions, seek clarification on conflicting data and consult with colleagues
- Communication: Has an understanding of what information is relevant and tailors communication appropriately. Keeps manager and colleagues informed on projects
- Leadership: Approaches challenging tasks with a can-do' attitude. Willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition. Distinguishes tasks that can be delegated to others to maximize overall contribution.
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering field - BSEE Degree is a MUST
- Must be willing to travel up to 40%, however, the majority of travel will be in the 15%-25% range.
- 3 plus years in project management out of manufacturing is preferred.
- Trade journals, technical seminars.
- Basic knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft software, including: Word, Excel, and Project. Capable of using AutoCAD and any required electrical programming software.
- PLC Programming experience
- Power Distribution experience
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.oshkoshrecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/440179487/project-engineer!