Dedicated Tech Services, Inc.
Posted Under: Columbus, Ohio jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 43085
Posted On: 2021-02-24 00:00:00
Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. (DTS) is an award-winning IT consulting firm based in Columbus, OH. We now have an opening for an IT Test (QA) Manager in Columbus, Ohio.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Direct applicants only, no corp-to-corp candidates, third parties, or agencies, please.
Must be able to work virtually initially but then work on site in Columbus, OH when pandemic conditions allow. This position is suitable only for candidates who can eventually relocate to Columbus, OH.
Required Skills And Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing all testing activities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Prior experience managing multiple concurrent projects with competing priorities for UAT.
- Ability to report, track and create test status reports.
- Experience working with all types of stakeholders which include, but not limited to program leads, business owners, directors and third party agencies and vendors.
- Proven ability to effectively manage the work and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in all aspects of functional, integration, regression, automated and performance testing
- Excellent skills in Microsoft SharePoint, Project, Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook
- Able to quickly collaborate with business, testers and developers to analyze root cause issues and develop feasible solutions.
- Effectively work remotely and collaborate with the testing team to continue driving the testing efforts forward.
- Must be able and willing to initially work from home but then work on site in Columbus, OH when pandemic conditions allow.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Thorough understanding of multiple test management tools
- Experience in defect management tools such as JIRA
We are hiring an experienced IT Test (QA) Manager to work for us as a direct, W2 salaried or hourly employee, and the selected candidate will work on an engagement for our client. You will:
- Understand the scope and requirements of the work to be tested.
- Act as the quality and test advocate
- Engage in resource planning and management.
- Resolve issues that impede testing efforts.
- Analyze, plan, coordinate, and control multiple test activities.
- Create the testing process, test strategy and validate testing methods and tools to determine suitable to be used as part of testing activities.
- Execute the test process which includes monitoring, issues management and reporting.
- Ensure entrance and exit criteria is being met.
- Apply appropriate testing measurements and metrics.
- Drive expectations and define testing success.
- Drive issue management and resolution (ensure defect criteria and resolution are adhered to)
- Develop testing reporting and evaluation.
- Create a testing project plan.
- Drive and participate in test case and test scenario development.
- Identify and coordinate pre-UAT training for testers.
- Work closely with IT to determine UAT environmental needs, issues and works with IT to support appropriate data loads.
- Provide training to business users to document test scenarios and test results.
- Effectively lead test execution meetings
We're inclusive; celebrate your role, grow in your position, feel the freedom to explore, trust the commitment, experience the opportunity. We're growing, and we need great people to grow with us! Simply put, we're enabled to hire the best. Our Project Delivery, Enterprise Support, Information Security, and Development Services practices are led by DTS consultants who help select our employees and then guide them. What's in it for you? A collaborative, supportive environment where high standards, quality, and excellence are the norm.
It has an exciting Information Technology market, a reasonable cost of living, a low unemployment rate, and a strong quality of life! It's the 14th-largest city in the United States and is home to fifteen (15) Fortune 1000 companies which are all very dependent on IT.
By building a clear sense of purpose and strong relationships within Dedicated Tech Services, the staff and leadership team can then aspire to be the technology service provider whose quality services set the standard by which others are measured and that our clients ask for by name.
In addition to the opportunity to work for a caring and supportive company, DTS offers health, vision, and dental insurance, a 401K plan, bonus options, and more! Please visit our web site for more information.
Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years