Posted Under: Portland, Oregon jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 97201
Posted On: 2021-02-24 00:00:00
Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For--100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.-- APPLY TODAY! The Chief Estimator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising the divisions estimating program providing technical and administrative direction to ensure corporate objectives are met. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and administer department functions including operating budgets, staffing, wage reviews, work assignments, performance evaluations, bid results and archives etc.
- Responsible to implement and maintain corporate estimating procedures utilizing the corporate computer estimating system and database.
- Assist Executives, Business Development and Project Management to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc.
- Review all final estimate packages to insure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Review scope/proposal letters for bid and negotiated projects.
- Participate in presentations to corporate management and Clients. May be responsible for closing the "sale".
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- May assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years experience in similar facility construction estimating and related functions plus thorough knowledge of corporate objectives impacting estimating, estimating strategies and techniques, and construction contracts required
- Can be a c ombination of education and technical/field training such as Engineering, Estimating experience KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Advanced management or technical training preferred
- Organizational, supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills essential
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Familiar with modern computer estimating systems
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure, continual deadlines and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others TRAVEL:
- 5-10% or as required WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rosendin Electric considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.