The Odom Corporation
Posted Under: Anchorage, Alaska jobs in Sales; Sales jobs in zipcode 99501
Posted On: 2021-02-24 00:00:00
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will find the contact information to request the appropriate accommodation by visiting the following page: 6300 Changepoint Drive
Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
Description Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Territory Management:
- Manage an assigned territory by keeping abreast of business conditions, recognizing new opportunities within each account and keeping the necessary account records.
- Develop the trust and confidence of the retailer as a merchandising consultant.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talk with customers on the sales floor and by phone.
- Prepare for each sales call by establishing a customer history, credit information, suggestively selling, troubleshooting, knowledge of the company's abilities, etc.
- Prepare timely and accurate reporting to sales management on a variety of sales distribution and promotion issues. Selling:
- Maximize sales results through effectively pre-planning and executing daily, weekly, and monthly objectives and developing a sound knowledge of the products and a working knowledge of competitive products.
- Make persuasive presentations, answer questions, overcome objections, and present proof of proposals.
- Display or demonstrate product, using samples or catalog, and emphasize salable features. Quote prices and solicit orders with the assistance of a current price book.
- Make sales and follow up calls to customers and prospects presenting our brands of products.
- Write orders, design displays, and organize on-site promotions.
- Understand in-store merchandising principles and effectively apply these principles in assigned retail accounts.
- Influence each retail account to use shelf management, cold box, and floor display guidelines to maximize sales opportunities.
- Use point-of-sale materials to increase merchandising success.
- The Sales Representative is responsible for knowing which products each account sells and for keeping all products properly rotated, dusted, rebated, cleaned, and stocked at appropriate levels.
- Adhere to the company's professional dress and appearance policy at all times, projecting a positive image of the company and our product line.
- Safely perform job duties; considerate to themselves and others. Job Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)preferred; one to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving record, proof of auto insurance (SR-22 is not acceptable), and own means of reliable transportation.
- Prefer beverage sales and/or merchandising experience, knowledge of the local market, customer service skills, and experience in the distribution industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and able to work with very little direct supervision.
- Highly organized, with a strong ability to work quickly and accurately while handling competing priorities. Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Use of pallet jacks and hand carts are required to load and unload products for use in customer locations.
- Frequently lift and/or move 10-40 pounds and occasionally moving/pushing or pulling of up to 250 pounds (loaded hand cart or pallet).
- Required to regularly stand, walk, lift product floor to waist, shoulder to overhead, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- This position will be performed at Anchorage, Alaska--
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside environmental noises. Qualifications Skills Preferred Novice Education Preferred High School or better. Licenses & Certifications Required Drives On Company Time Non-DOT Auto Insurance Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)