Lovelace Medical Center
Posted Under: Albuquerque, New Mexico jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 87101
Posted On: 2020-11-23 00:00:00
Therapy Tech, Physical Therapy , PRN , Variable Shift
We are looking for a Therapy Tech to join our Physical Therapy Department in Albuquerque, NM.
This PRN job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, in the heart of Albuquerque, an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state's only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Therapy Tech Job Responsibilities:
* Responsible for assisting in conducting medically prescribed therapy treatments to patients under the direct supervision of a licensed therapist.
* Provides non-clinical support services to the therapist to include but not limited to maintaining patient treatment areas and basic clerical support.
Therapy Tech Education and Experience Requirements:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* Desired: Graduate of a Certified Physical Therapy Technician program or comparable experience.
* One (1) year of previous job related experience in hospital, rehabilitation, or outpatient setting as a therapy tech is desired but not required.
* Current CPR
* Ability to communicate effectively and deal calmly, courteously and efficiently with people.
* Ability to deal with stressful situations, finish tasks in a timely manner, and follow oral and written instructions and established procedures and maintain strict confidentiality.
* Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
* Midas+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
* Truven Top 15 Health System, 2016
* Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class..