Elder Care Alliance
Posted Under: Oakland, California jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 94601
Posted On: 2020-10-19 00:00:00
Req ID 2020-1710
Job Category Life Enrichment/Activities
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement and Care Center
$750.00 Signing Bonus. Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement and Care Center is a vibrant assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing community. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents.
About This Career Opportunity
Under the supervision of the Life Enrichment Director, plan, organize, and direct therapeutic programs to effect improvement in the physical, mental, and social well-being of skilled nursing residents. Life Enrichment Specialist will promote the spiritual, emotional, educational, recreational and social needs of residents on an individual basis.
- Notifies appropriate staff/nursing of any immediate change in the residents' condition and/or participation.
- Maintains resident care and safety on off-campus outings
- Attends department staff meetings and in-services designated for staff.
- Will be oriented to programs in the skilled nursing, assisted living and dementia care and will be required to provide programming on those units as assigned.
- Attends/participates in in services, workshops, and seminars to keep abreast of current changes.
- Develops and implements special activities designed for visual and hearing-impaired residents including individual projects/individualized programs.
- Interviews residents or family members to obtain recreation activity information in a private setting.
- Assists required documentation in accordance with Title 22, OBRA, and MDS guidelines on a timely basis and develops goals with measurable objectives consistent with the assessment information obtained
- from the resident, family, friends, and chart reviews.
- Assists residents who have difficulties performing specified activities; may assign a volunteer to assist with or provide adaptable devices/equipment as required.
- Cooperates and communicates with co-workers and establishes good working relationships with all departments.
- Assists in planning, developing, organizing and implementing the programs of this facility.
- Participates in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the residents' assessments.
- Orders refreshments and fills out transportation/environmental requests for specified events.
- Evaluates the overall effectiveness of the residents' programs and services.
- Assist with the development of the monthly calendar in accordance with resident therapeutic, educational and diversionary needs, state, federal and corporate criterion, Social Services, Environmental Services, Dietary, and other departments.
- Posts and communicates calendar throughout the skilled nursing facility.
- Maintains log or daily record regarding residents' involvement in programs, as appropriate.
- Maintains regular attendance and arrives to work on time; completes time sheet appropriately as needed.
- Coordinates with Skilled Nursing staff in preparing residents to go to and from activities and programs.
- Maintains inventory and keeps Manager informed of low inventory and the need for supplies and equipment.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
--- Geriatric education or experience required
--- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English, and successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
--- Current First Aid Training and Certifications as per Title 22.
--- Positive work ethic and concern for elders.
--- Must have experience working in an OBRA and Title 22 regulated setting primarily based in Skilled Nursing Facility
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status" PI124902669