General Dynamics Electric Boat
Posted Under: New England, Northeast jobs in Engineering; Engineering jobs in zipcode 3031
Posted On: 2020-10-19 00:00:00
OverviewHave you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Ethos & Corporate Responsibility
- Commitment to Ethics
- Commitment to Employees
- Supporting Service Members
- Supporting Communities
- Environmental Responsibility
Job DescriptionDepartment 454 Tactical Software Engineering is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to support tactical shipboard and shore-based application development with a focus on database applications. Our team members must have strong verbal and written communication skills targeting technical and non-technical audiences working within a multi-matrixed workplace. Occasional work travel may be required for this position.
- Primarily responsible for developing and maintain the Advanced Undersea Systems Integrated Data Management System (IDMS) which is an automated system that will support data management for the life cycle of Advanced Undersea Systems.
- Responsible for supporting and enhancing other related applications using Oracle Developer, PL/SQL and other MIS development tools.
- Ability to derive, analyze, and evaluate technical and performance requirements by working with customer representatives, end users and other stakeholders. Provide recommendations on the nature, scope and complexity of solutions
- Development of software database applications (typically PL/SQL applications) as well as user interfaces
- Testing and maintenance of various software applications
- Investigation of advanced IT and software development technologies
- Ability to be an interactive, proactive, and innovative problem solver
IDMS provides the following integrated functional elements: Configuration Management of equipment, software, and technical documentation, Report Generation, Database Administration, Supply Support, Maintenance, Alteration Management, Obsolescence Management and Technology Refresh Management.Education/ ExperienceRequired
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- 2+ years of related experience in developing software applications and relational databases
- Top Secret clearance
- Ability to maintain a CompTIA Security+
Technologies: Oracle Database, Oracle WebLogic, SSL / Cybersecurity, Oracle Application Framework, Web Services, Windows Server Management
Tools: GIT, SQL Developer, Jira, Eclipse