Posted Under: Wichita, Kansas jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 67201
Posted On: 2020-10-19 00:00:00
Cornejo CDL Asphalt Tack Truck Driver Wichita, KS 67216 $1,000 Sign-On Bonus Included. No OTR Travel! POSITION SUMMARYOperate a commercial motor vehicle to distribute/spray asphalt tack on the construction area ahead of the asphalt paver. Will be required to operate different aspects of the vehicle's systems to load/unload product as required. Requires Class B commercial driver s license with Tanker endorsement and valid DOT medical card.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable Accommodations StatementTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting and distributing product to designated job sites complying with all USDOT regulations.
- Check vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good operating order.
- Maintain logs of operating hours and delivery of product, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Load/unload and transport product in a manner that eliminates contamination and maintains quality.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones, to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid, or performing minor repairs.
- Climb ladders or stairs to inspect loads, ensuring that the product is accurate, and vehicle is clean.
- Collaborate with other drivers as part of a driving team on some trips.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues to ensure proper delivery of product.
- Climb in and out of vehicle cab frequently throughout day.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management. POSITION QUALIFICATIONSCompetency Statement(s)
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one s conduct.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)Experience: Six months to one-year Tanker driving experience preferred. Certificates & LicensesMust have valid CDL Class B with Tanker endorsement and valid DOT medical card. Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Why work for us:Cornejo is an ever-growing company founded on solid family values. We maintain an excellent relationship with the Wichita community and strive to provide the best possible materials and services in our industry. To do that, we employ passionate and talented individuals who are dedicated, dependable, and ready to make a difference.An Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities, Women and Veterans encouraged to apply. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status. Associated topics: cdl a truck, class a driver, company driving, company over the road, company owner, company truck driving, dedicated truck, over the road driver, over the road driving, regional driver route