Posted Under: Kansas City, Kansas jobs in Accounting, Auditing; Accounting, Auditing jobs in zipcode 66101
Posted On: 2020-10-19 00:00:00
CAPITAL FINANCE SPECIALIST I AT NBH BANK
1111 Main St, Kansas City, MO 64106, USA Req #1408
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Common sense is more than just banking, and we believe in finding financial solutions that cater specifically to our client s needs. We are looking for talented associates who understand the complexities of life and will offer simple solutions that best fit the needs of our clients.
If this is what you believe in, then you re definitely right for us. And, we might be the right bank for you. JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this position. This list is not exhaustive. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our clients, associates, and/or shareholders.
1. Manage daily, monthly, weekly Commercial Bank/Specialty Banking/Capital Finance trending reports, compliance reports, monthly financial reporting, pipeline and portfolio management reports.
2. Accurately input, monitor and process loan data in Capital Stream.
3. Assist Relationship Manager, Portfolio Manager and Credit Analyst in monitoring maturing loans, past dues and covenant reports.
4. Assist Relationship Manager and Portfolio Manager in all aspects of processing and booking loans.
5. Review loan documents to insure they are accurate.
6. Interact directly with accounting, risk management and marketing in order to manage controls and specific requests related to regulatory exams, daily accounting/accounts payable and marketing for Commercial Bank/Specialty Banking/Capital Finance.
7. Manage changes and updates to Commercial Bank/Specialty Banking/Capital Finance risk reports including Commercial Bank/Specialty Banking/Capital Finance Credit, Risk Rating Policy and Operations Procedures.
8. Manage Commercial Bank/Specialty Banking/Capital Finance customer deposit operations and treasury management implementation including new account set-up and ongoing administration of treasury needs of all Commercial Bank/Specialty Banking/Capital Finance clients.
9. Prepare and arrange weekly Commercial Bank/Specialty Banking/Capital Finance sales and portfolio management meetings including creating agendas as requested and organizing meeting space; attend meetings as requested and prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
10. Support Commercial Bank/Specialty Banking/Capital Finance Operations to include but not limited to, interaction with NBH loan operations, Capital Stream, Stucky ABL System, legal, processing loan payments and advances, customer wires/ACH requests, account verifications, maintaining and clearing loan exceptions.
11. Manage outlook and Bank sponsored CMR system, enter clients, business opportunities, run reports and manage the team activity in the system.
12. Handles administrative details and duties of Commercial Bank/Specialty Banking/Capital Finance and takes responsibility for completing those duties on time and with a high degree of quality.
13. Proactively develop relationships with key internal/external clients, gaining recognition as a team resource.
14. Refer clients to appropriate bank products and services. Attend to the various client needs: loan advances, wires, payments and general questions.
15. Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
16. Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience: * Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
* 5+ years of experience providing commercial banking loan and deposit support.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Preferred: * Bachelor s degree
* 7+ years of experience in commercial banking loan and deposit operations support.
* Prior work experience in the asset based or banking industry
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list. * Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues, to carry out instructions and instruct others, to generate reports, correspondence and procedures.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
* Effective organizational and time management skills.
* Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
* Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines.
* Strong client service skills with the ability to interact in a professional manner with both internal and external clients.
* Responsive and flexible; ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and modify approaches or methods to best fit the situation.
* Proficient in salesforce.com, MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list. . * Office setting with traditional hours.
* Sitting for extended periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
* Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
* Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation when necessary to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable Thank you for your application!
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
The Bank's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. The Bank is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
* Pay Type Salary