Builders Firstsource Inc -3.1 Glassdoor ---
Posted Under: Santa Fe, New Mexico jobs in Hospitality & Tourism; Hospitality & Tourism jobs in zipcode 87501
Posted On: 2020-10-19 00:00:00
Responsible for driving delivery vehicles and/or operating truck-trailer combinations to transport and deliver materials to customer sites. Adheres to driver safety/compliance regulations, delivers un-damaged goods on schedule, and provides professional service to customers. Drive vehicles weighing greater than 26,000 pounds and may tow vehicles or trailers less than 10,000 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) May load or assist with loading and appropriately securing product, materials, or supplies inside delivery vehicle.
2) Delivers customer orders to specified delivery site. Maneuvers vehicles into loading or unloading positions and ensures that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned. Assists customers with unloading materials safely and accurately. Takes all precautions to protect the product and the customer's property.
3) Verifies order details and maintains logs of delivery duties including amounts and/or weights of items, mileage and locations of deliveries. Checks items against invoice to ensure order accuracy.
4) Acts as a customer service liaison between the company and the site customer. Handles customer concerns and helps resolve issues as they arise.
5) Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of delivery vehicles; performs routine safety checks to ensure vehicles comply with company guidelines.
6) Required to use hand held devices, except for while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
7) Maintain hours of service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
8) May perform credit/product return pick-ups and related paperwork.
9) Operate a Forklift or non-motorized material handling equipment to load and off load materials to designated areas.
10) Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
11) Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED, 21+ years old, valid driver's license and a class B CDL license. A minimum of 1 year of delivery driving experience. 2 years of CDL driving experience strongly preferred.
*Valid driver's license
*Class B CDL license
*Pass MVR report
*Obtain a DOT medical card
*Basic math & measurement skills
*Ability to read and speak the English language
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call or email: . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish