Posted Under: Lafayette, Louisiana jobs in Sales; Sales jobs in zipcode 70501
Posted On: 2020-10-19 00:00:00
Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for generating new sales opportunities via phone, email or other electronic communication. Respond to customer order and quotation requests received via outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, written, and faxed correspondence. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Prospects for new sales opportunities. Generates leads via outbound calling and e-mail.
- Provides pricing and delivery information.
- Procures and maintains inventory. Monitors to ensure proper inventory turns.
- Performs follow-up to ensure timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction.
- Resolves customer service issues. Tracks open sales orders.
- Maintains strong working relationships with vendors. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time. Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details Preferred Qualifications
- Experience selling in an inside sales environment and/or demonstrated success working with customers.
- Experience with inventory sales preferred.
- Degree preferred. PRID PRID158 Job Locations US-LA-Lafayette Posted Date 1 day ago (10/15/2020 1:06 AM) Job ID 2020-39938 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area Sales Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.