Palm Health Resources
Posted Under: Palm Springs, California jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 92262
Posted On: 2020-08-03 00:00:00
Hematology/Oncology opening in Palm Springs, California. This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Medical Oncology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Opportunity in Sunny Palm Springs! We will train nurse practitioners and physician assistants coming from other medical specialties into our oncology program! We are truly seeking the right person! Will consider candidates from locum to permanent positions or permanent only! SUMMARYPrestigious Hospital is seeking an experienced Oncology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide direct patient care to Hematology/Oncology patients and support to a busy, well-established and growing multidisciplinary health team. The position is a well-rounded general oncology/hematology role with infusion, clinic, blood and lung cancers and much more! We are in search of a dedicated practitioner whom is hard working, patient care oriented and truly cares about their patients. Providing unrivaled medical care and comprehensive cancer services in all areas of Oncology. Demonstrates commitment to system values through customer focus and process improvements. This is a full-time day shift position in an outpatient setting! Excellent Quality of Life!!
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist the physician in diagnosing, treating and managing patients
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the data in the patient's electronic medical record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive or negative findings.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies, imaging studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Functions independently to perform a complete history and physical exam.
- Formulates a treatment plan.
- Uses evidence-based practice guidelines and assessment tools.
- Prescribe medication and treatments and monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Completes documentation and patient billing
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates patient and family education.
- Determines eligibility of patient for entry into clinical trials.
- Relays appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.
- Provides symptom management.
- Provides on-call coverage as coordinated with physician and weekend call as assigned through the Medical Oncology Program rotation.
- First call for practice with oncology centralized triage.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein. LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONEligibility for a California licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Est. Salary: $110,000.00 to $155,000.00 /year
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health, Dental, Matching 403B, Life, Disability, CME Monies, Relocation Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement and MUCH MORE!