Posted Under: Suffolk, Virginia jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 23432
Posted On: 2020-08-03 00:00:00
Company: US0073 Sysco Hampton Roads, Inc.Zip Code:23435Minimum Level of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:3 YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: OVERVIEW:We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.POSITION SUMMARY:To assist Fleet Technician II and Fleet Technician III in providing safe, reliable and cost efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle down time and improve total fleet reliability.RESPONSIBILITIES:A. Learn to perform required inspections and preventive maintenance under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet manager on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet. 1. Learn to perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager in accordance with all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state required inspections and frequencies). 2. Learn to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods under the guidance of fleet technician II & III, fleet supervisor or manager on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment.3. Learn to perform quality maintenance repairs under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any company owned equipment.B. Learn to perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager such as inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions and road-call repairs in a safe, efficient, timely and quality manner. 1. Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely, efficiently and correctly the first time under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager. 2. Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.3. Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.4. Learn and develop efficiency in Sysco computer programs under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or managerEducation and / or Experience:
- Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2 year school (preferred)
- 1 to 3 years of fleet maintenance and repair preferred (No experience required)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Current and valid driver's license (CDL Preferred)Professional Skills:
- Basic knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and components
- Basic knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Basic computer skills and knowledgeQualifications:
- Technicians must own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance inspections, repair and diagnostics.
- Apprentice will have performance reviews regularly to determine areas of improvement and areas that require additional training and development
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Preferred, Not Required)
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Preferred, Not Required)
- ASE certifications - Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (Preferred, Not Required)
- 609 HVAC Certification (Preferred, Not Required)
- Working knowledge of computer based diagnostic software for OEM's and component manufacturers
- Apprentice will be required to complete Sysco SIU training modules for safety and other required courses.Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools and other shop equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.