Posted Under: Birmingham, Alabama jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 35201
Posted On: 2020-08-03 00:00:00
We Are Hiring Title: Ortho RN Location: St Vincent's East - Trussville, AL Department: 7 WEST - Ortho Shift: Full-time; Weekend Only; Day shift RN position. Days are every Saturday and Sunday. Hours are 0. Allowed two weekends or 4 shifts off per year with manager approval. Why Join Ascension? In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent's East, and St. Vincent's St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years. Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation throu gh innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. What You Will Do At St. Vincent's East, we have a fantastic manager and low turnover! Our associates have high morale and are fully engaged with each other and our patients. The Orthopaedic Medical Surgical units at St. Vincent's East have recently been completely remodeled. As a result, is a commonly full 18-bed unit that boasts state-of-the-art technology with well-designed efficiency. This team has also worked hard to accomplish a 50% reduction in pain meds needed by their patients and nurses spend 30% of their time delivering holistic bedside care! As our Med Surg Nurse, you will:
- Implement and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained PRIOR to hire date or job transfer date and must not expire within 30 days of hire
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Job Preference - Skills, Education and Experience
- Preferred but not required: At least one year experience as an RN, Orthopedic experience