Food Services of America
Posted Under: Anchorage, Alaska jobs in Hospitality & Tourism; Hospitality & Tourism jobs in zipcode 99501
Posted On: 2020-08-03 00:00:00
Food Services of America
Class A Delivery DriverUS-AK-AnchorageJob ID: 2Type: F T REG# of Openings: 1Category: Operations/Trans/WarehouseFood Services of AmericaOverview US Foods is looking for qualified candidates to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, US Foods treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team! COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. From using sanitized interview rooms and social distancing to providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. Our safe workplace efforts include COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. We're also providing robust support to our customers, from webinars and one-on-one consults with our experts to detailed reopening materials. US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here . Responsibilities
- Accurately, safely, and efficiently deliver merchandise using hand-trucks, ramps and/or lift gates to customers on a predetermined delivery route. May include delivering products up and down stairs and in all types of weather.
- Operate all working equipment safely and efficiently, including but not limited to hand truck, pallet jack, scanner and printer.
- Provide the highest level of service and product integrity for every customer by safe and timely delivery of customer orders.
- Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
- Accurately record delivery by verifying delivery of items with customers and obtaining proper signatures at the time of delivery.
- Practice Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) guidelines to reduce risks for crashes, injuries and fatalities.
- Utilize onboard computer to appropriately record mileage, hours of service and maintain driver log to adhere to state and federal Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines.
- Complete comprehensive pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspections and DVIRs.
- Maintain legal weight limits and distributions.
- Practice defensive driving skills and proper body mechanics to ensure safe driving and delivering practices. Qualifications Overall
- Safe driving record with a CDL Class-A License is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Two years foodservice delivery experience preferred.
- Two years verifiable driving experience preferred.
- Ability to read/write/record data and perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with all customers by providing face-to-face service with each delivery.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations is required.
- Ability to pass a background check, and pre-employment drug screen. Physical
- Frequent stand/walk during delivery activities.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs., occasionally up to 65 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling frequently up to 175 lbs., and occasionally up to 200 lbs. using both hands/arms, to transport loaded hand truck up/down curbs and stairs.
- Frequent steering and maneuvering gear controls and clutch to safely drive vehicle.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time, exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities. EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status Rarely 1-5% Occasionally 6-33% Frequently 34-66%