Charleston Area Medical Center
Posted Under: Charleston, West Virginia jobs in Executive; Executive jobs
Posted On: 2020-08-03 00:00:00
Hematology/Oncology opening in Charleston, West Virginia. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com The Department of Hematology/Oncology within the Charleston Area Medical Center Cancer Center seeks a Program Director to create a Hematology/Oncology fellowship program and oversee all department functions and operations. The Program Director is responsible for providing administrative leadership and assumes full administrative responsibility for all areas of the department, including but not limited: direct patient care; basic, translational, and clinical research programs within the department; faculty development and evaluation; integration of educational programs; finance and budget; and long-range planning of the department. The Program Director will provide career development opportunities and mentorship for department faculty and trainees, and foster their growth in clinical, research, academic, and professional areas. The Program Director will also represent the institution in local, regional, state, and national matters. The Department of Hematology/Oncology provides excellent treatment for patients with all types of cancers.The Hematology/Oncology team participates in a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care — physicians in the CAMC Cancer Center work with many different types of CAMC physicians, to plan a course of treatment that is unique and comprehensive for each patient.Ideal applicants will be known nationally and internationally in their field and will have:
- A distinguished record of exceptional patient care in academic and/or community settings, including experiences in developing /starting a Hematology/Oncology fellowship program and building clinical practices based on patient demographics and community needs;
- Demonstrated skills in programmatic development and evaluation, including negotiation of agreements with clinical or industry partners;
- Leadership experience with patient-reported outcomes, quality improvement, and patient safety initiatives;
- Research objectives that complement and contribute to the research-driven patient care mission of the institution;
- Demonstrated administrative competence to ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of the department, resolving operational issues, and managing financial and human resources;
- Five years teaching experience in an ACGME IM or Hematology/Oncology program is required; and
- Commitment to the continued support and growth of the department, its faculty, and its mission.
- Ideal applicants must be board-certified in Hematology/Oncology, certified by the American Board of Hematology/Oncology, and eligible for licensure in the state of West Virginia. Medical leadership/administrative experience and knowledge of program development is required. Charleston Area Medical Center is committed to building a diverse community of faculty and encourages women and minorities to apply. Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and three references along with a supplemental narrative statement to address their qualifications (2-3 pages) by April 1, 2020.