Posted Under: Atlanta, Georgia jobs in Engineering; Engineering jobs in zipcode 30301
Posted On: 2020-07-01 00:00:00
Wastewater Civil Engineer Opportunity : Parsons is now hiring for an experienced Civil Wastewater Engineer to support our local and regional water treatment projects in the Atlanta area. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. Solid experience with wastewater and municipal water treatment systems is essential for this role. You will Complete a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses. You will apply advanced engineering techniques and analyses which may involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations is expected. Responsibilties :
- Lead design efforts on a range of water/wastewater infrastructure projects, including preparation of planning studies, field conditions assessments, preliminary design, final design, and office and field services during construction.
- Assist project managers on large, complex projects, including task management.
- Bring creativity in predesign and design for value added solutions
- Provide engineering services during construction, or perform construction management services
- Maintain communication and strong relationship with regulatory agencies to support project permitting.
- Communicate and work directly with clients.
- Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments with experience performing interdisciplinary review of design documents.
- Prepare complex engineering plan clarifications and changes in response to contractor's request for information during construction and verify that equipment meets design specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Perform design and design review of sewer sewers, sewer rehab, mechanical piping systems, wastewater treatment systems, reclaimed water systems, lift stations, etc. including calculations.
- Perform hydraulic modeling of gravity and pressure pipeline systems.
- Assist project managers in scoping and proposing on potential projects and selling new work.Qualifications:
- 4-year B.S. degree from an accredited institute in Civil Engineering.
- 8 years or more of experience in water and wastewater engineering
- Experience with Microstation and/or Autocad
- Licensed Civil Engineer (PE), and will be required to obtain a Georgia PE if license, if from another state
- Experience with civil site design including site layout, site civil details, stormwater management, soil erosion and sediment control, surveying, utility and roadway infrastructure, and sustainable site methodologies is required.
- Registered Georgia Level II Certified Design Professional or ability to obtain within 3 months.Additional certifications such as LEED, CCM, PMP are preferred. _ Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.