Posted Under: Richmond, Virginia jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 23218
Posted On: 2020-07-01 00:00:00
This job posting is to continuously recruit and build a pool of candidates throughout the state of Virginia. Once a position is open and available, we will reach out to qualified candidates for interviews.
The RN Care Coordinator is regionally/locally based and meets with members to ensure ongoing care coordination services are identified and met using a person-centered approach. The Care Coordinator provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources, communication with members on a monthly basis, or more frequently as requested, depending on the individual's needs and preferences. For members, contact shall be at a frequency of at least every 90 days, even if the member requests less frequent contact.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for members and the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT); leads ICT process and meetings; facilitates communications among relevant parties.
- Monitors the provision of services as outlined in the Individual Care Plan (ICP) and achievement of desired outcomes.
- Provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources in a mode and manner that is culturally and developmentally appropriate and considers the member's physical and cognitive abilities and level of literacy; assists member in developing self-management skills to effectively access and use services.
- Manages assigned case load.
- Participates in the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) process.
- Assesses for appropriate changes or additions to services, facilitates referrals for the members, and ensures the ICP is updated as necessary.
- Ensures that appropriate mechanisms are in place to receive enrollee input.
- Ensures member complaints and grievances are submitted according to the policies and procedures.
- Actively participates during care transitions.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleRN Care CoordinatorGrade24Job FamilyClinical Services GroupCountryUnited States of AmericaFLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)Recruiting Start Date2/3/2020Date Requisition Created2/3/2020Work ExperienceClinicalEducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: NursingLicense and Certifications - RequiredRN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care MgmtLicense and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 1+ years of clinical experience working directly with individuals who meet the Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) target population criteria.
- Must be a registered nurse in the state of Virginia.
- If supporting Private Duty Nursing Services, must have one year of related experience with medically complex members dependent upon life sustaining equipment.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.