Posted Under: Sioux Falls, South Dakota jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 57101
Posted On: 2020-07-01 00:00:00
This position is in support of military bases in South Dakota; candidate must be local to the military base or willing to relocate to become local. Candidates must be licensed at the independent level in the state of South Dakota with a LCRSW, LMFT, LPC, or LPCMH.
Primary responsibility of providing the full breadth of MFLC (military family life counseling) counseling services to military service members and their families at military installations. Services include non-medical, short-term, walk-around counseling, training/health and wellness presentations, provision of health fairs, and consultation to installation command regarding behavioral health issues. Works closely with the installation and military branch Points of Contact (POC) to assure that the program is provided within scope and meets the needs of the installation.
- Provides non-medical, short-term, solution focused, walk-around counseling directly to service and family members. Services include assessment, brief counseling and consultation, action planning, referral to resources (assuring linkage as appropriate), and follow-up as indicated.
- Delivers training and health and wellness presentations, participates in health fairs and other base/installation activities as requested/directed.
- Enters counselor activity data on a daily basis through smart phone, or web application, to assure that reporting is accurate from assigned installation, while maintaining client/service member confidentiality.
- Creates a presence on the installation in which the service and family members feel comfortable approaching the counselor and recognize the program to be confidential. Establishes and maintains working relationships with community resources and provides appropriate linkages for service members and their families. Partners with POC to provide MFLC services in a manner that addresses the needs of the installation. Develops an effective and professional working relationship with the installation POC.
- Provides MFLC response to critical incidents, surge and on demand events, and special requests as directed by the POC and approved by the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) program manager. Counselor will flex schedule to respond to urgent requests as needed.
- Manages duty to warn and restricted reporting situations according to Department of Defense (DoD) protocol and staffs the cases with Regional Supervisor/Regional Director.
- Communicates with Regional Supervisors and participates in regular individual and group supervision, sharing information regarding trends and issues on the installations to which the counselor is assigned.
- Participates in regular in-services/training, Quality Improvement committees or other contract activities as assigned/appropriate.
General Job Information
TitleFuture Openings Military TherapistGradeMFLCJob FamilyClinical Services GroupCountryUnited States of AmericaFLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)Recruiting Start Date1/20/2020Date Requisition Created1/20/2020Work ExperienceClinicalEducationMasters: Behavioral Health (Required)License and Certifications - RequiredCurrent licensure required for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements - Care Mgmt, Must be an independently licensed behavioral health clinician - Care MgmtLicense and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with military culture and command structure; ability to establish productive relationships with high ranking military personnel preferred.
- Prior services as MFLC counselor strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree from an accredited Graduate Program in a Mental Health related field.
- Valid unrestricted counseling license from a State, District of Columbia, US Territory or Commonwealth that grants authority to provide counseling services as an independent practitioner. For assignments in the 50 states, counselors shall be licensed or certified in the state in which the MFLC is providing client services.
- A minimum of two years of post-masters licensure counseling supervised clinical experience.
- Requires ability to engage and communicate with military members or children as assigned, in order to accomplish job functions, and to respond quickly to emergent situations in any physical location on a military installation and/or within a school setting, which includes the need to traverse short and/or long distances within the base to both indoor and outdoor locations, to maneuver through rugged, outdoor or uneven locations (e.g., steep inclines, stairs, grass), and work in outdoor weather and other military base conditions.
- May require travel to locations outside of a military base in a variety of physical environments.
- Due to the nature of working on military installations or related worksites, counselors may need to comply with various site-specific requirements to work at designated locations. For example, for some assignments, counselors will need to have certain immunizations or vaccinations and provide record of receipt.
- Ability to prove US Citizenship and must be fluent in English.
- Understanding, sensitivity and empathy for service members and their families. Ability to develop trusting, helping relationships. Ability to work effectively with individuals and families from diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Pass a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) Clearance and an Installation Records Check (IRC), Criminal History Background Check and FBI Fingerprints Check.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.