Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice
Posted Under: Detroit, Michigan jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 48201
Posted On: 2020-05-24 00:00:00
Job Title Medical Social Worker - HospiceLocationWarren, MI, USAEmployee TypeEmployeeWorking Hours Per Week40Job DescriptionHiring Medical Social Workers to Join Our Hospice Team Ready to provide Excellent Care. One-on-one? Residential Home Health and Hospice is seeking Medical Social Workers who share the same passion and mission for providing excellent care to patients and caregivers to join our Hospice team as a Medical Social Worker. About Residential Home Health and Hospice: Our team has awarded us the Top Workplaces designation for 9 years! As a full-continuum provider, Residential Home Health and Hospice is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients at any stage from the rehabilitative services of home health to the compassionate, end-of-life care of hospice. We invest in every employee and provide the training, resources, and support needed so they can provide exceptional care to the hundreds of patients and caregivers we serve every day. Why Join Us as a Hospice Medical Social Worker: Here are just a few of the reasons why Residential employees have voted us a Top Workplace year after year:
- Personal one-on-one connection with patients
- Customized training and mentoring
- Employee recognition program
- Company vehicle program
- Education reimbursement benefit
- Growth opportunities
- Ongoing education and support
- Specialized and exclusive clinical programs
- Comprehensive benefit program Hospice Medical Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and environment. Communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides an assessment in the patient's identified residence and assistance (regarding safe/unsafe environments) and another plan is required.
- Carries out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high risks for suicide, neglect or abuse and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
- Counsels patient and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties. Provides crisis intervention when necessary.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Educates patients and families on, and assists in, preparation of advanced directives.
- Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies. Hospice Medical Social Worker Qualifications:
- Have a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, and one year of experience in a health care setting.
- Current License (LMSW) for the state in which he/she is working.
- Experience working with death and dying.
- At least one year of hospice experience.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification. Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer