Posted Under: Kansas City, Kansas jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 66101
Posted On: 2020-05-24 00:00:00
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It's a simple idea, but one that's at the heart of our business. We're dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That's why we're always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire (Essential Behaviors)
--- We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger.
--- We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door.
--- We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity.
--- We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire's business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire's success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
Spire is seeking a GIS Analyst I. This position will be responsible for using Spire's Geographical Information System to support the organization as a part of Operations Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes engineering designs and cost estimates using GIS for all types of main and service work
- Collects construction activity "as-built", using mobile GPS collection device in the field for creating permanent asset records
- Editing of map features and its correlating attribute data in the GIS
- Performs final quality checks of GIS versioned data before it is posted to the GIS
- Represents Engineering at internal and external project meetings as required
- Field visits to jobsites to determine requirements for service and main work
- Performs a preliminary review of development plans and interfaces with the customer
- Implement and train Engineering staff on new work processes for the GIS mapping system
- Distribute and update the maps for other departments of the company as requested
- Distribute and approve the requests for the acquisition and release of easements as well as the vacation of rights-of-way
- Perform pipeline safety compliance related GIS analysis as directed by Manager
- All other duties as assigned
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
- Ability to lead by example in support of the Company's essential characteristics and values: strong ethics and integrity, dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse workforce that recognizes and respects every individual's unique skills and perspectives
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a fast-moving and changing culture
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and establish rapport with a diverse array of people
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively in order to meet individual goals and deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and display a positive attitude
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography, Geoscience, Cartography, GIS or related field
- Valid driver's license
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
- One to three years of GIS experience
Physical demands, environment and schedule
- Work can be performed in an office, and/or field setting where ongoing exposure to the elements may occur
- Typically 7:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Overtime and/or travel may be required
We AdvanceWe CareWe CollaborateWe Have PerspectivePosting Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please view our Integrity and Inclusion pages of our career site.
Job Location: Kansas City
Engineer, Geology, GIS, Business Process, Engineering, Technology, Management