Beckman Coulter Diagnostics
Posted Under: Minneapolis, Minnesota jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs in zipcode 55401
Posted On: 2020-05-24 00:00:00
Beckman Coulter specializes in lab automation to improve the efficiency, cost, and accuracy of medical laboratory testing. As a software developer on our research and development team, youll be working on our next generation of clinical chemistry and immunoassay systems. We work in collaborative cross-functional teams with engineers from multiple disciplines to bring innovative solutions to our customers. You can expect to collaborate and coordinate with diverse development teams across the globe. Youll have the opportunity to work directly with scientists and marketing teams to ensure we have the right solutions to meet the needs of an ever-changing healthcare environment.
We are looking for experienced technical leaders who have a proven track record of creating and supporting software designs that produce outstanding products. You will design and effectively document large-scale solutions and assist small teams of more junior engineers in breaking down and planning the work. You will work to solve complex and engaging problems that include electronics, mechanical components, and chemistry elements alongside other technical experts.
We balance the support of a committed team with lots of opportunities for individual growth and leadership. Growing your career with us will give you a chance to express your talent while fulfilling the mission of improving healthcare for everyone.Responsibilities:
- Develop software using technologies such as C# and .NET (this could include UI, business logic and/or motion control components based on development goals and experience)
- Mentor others in design and development best practices.
- Negotiate requirements and design options with stakeholders
- Ensure code quality with rigorous code inspections
- Design and write unit tests, integration tests
- Produce documentation required for medical device regulatory clearance
- Find root cause on complex issues and bugs and develop countermeasures and fixes
- Collaborate with other software teams internationally to align designs and plans
- Be relentless in making our process and product better. We plan time to solve our systemic problems and expect team members to help expose them and find creative solutions.
- Some domestic and international travel (
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Software Engineering or similar with 9+ years of experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or similar with 7+ years of experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience architecting medium-to-large scale applications using an object-oriented language
- Excellent technical command of at least one of: C#, Java, or C++
- Experience with debugging/investigating complex software-based systems
- Ability to produce reliable plans and schedules and report progress to stakeholders
- Familiarity with working with all pieces of a DevOps toolchain (coding, source management, building, testing, packaging, releasing, and monitoring)
- Proven track record for leading and mentoring others
Other desirable skills and traits:
- Advanced knowledge of SQL server, RESTful architectures
- Experience designing user interfaces for usability
- Has used formal risk management processes
- Familiarity with medical device development regulations or similar regulated industry
- Experience working with distributed international teams
- Cybersecurity standard implementation
- Knowledge of common object-oriented design patterns
- Has annoyed friends and family with rigorous application of the scientific process
- Has responded to a Stack Overflow question with a solution
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.