Posted Under: Boise, Idaho jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 83701
Posted On: 2020-05-24 00:00:00
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The TSC and Consumer Service Delivery Supervisor is responsible for the supervision, coaching, motivation, development and performance management of a dynamic frontline team of technical agents. This role is both management and hands-on requiring the best candidate to bring strong business acumen and ability to define and implement visionary, groundbreaking ideas. Ability to lead diverse teams, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast-moving environment to rapidly deliver support and services that have a broad business impact. Candidates should be analytical, supportive, and prepared to act a resource to agentsThe Main Responsibilities
- Manage a data driven work environment. Interpreting data using statistical techniques to spot actionable trends and anomalies.
- Responsible for managing service order fallout associated with provisioning CenturyLink's High- Speed Internet, Fiber, and voice products and for supporting Field Technicians, via chat and phone, who require assistance with provisioning, programming, service activation and service order support functions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of inventory and provisioning systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Network Devices and Digital Switches.
- Maintain a working knowledge of inside and outside Plant Facilities.
- Responsible for overseeing and/or delivering training on complex technologies and systems supporting programming and order support functions.
- Provide on the job coaching and support required for new employees to learn how to trouble shoot system issues, order fall out and activation failures effectively. Due to the complex processes and systems TSC employees are required to learn, TSC supervisors are expected to develop employees' competence in following detailed complex process steps and analysis and trouble shooting in multiple systems and databases to assist Field Technicians and/or resolve order fallout.
- Partners with Forecasting and Capacity Planning team to ensure adequate staffing is in place to handle the work function assigned to the position's area of responsibility.
- Monitors individual employee performance on an ongoing basis. Responsible for conducting formal reviews with employees. Supervisors are expected to coach, motivate and assist employees on efficient and effective approaches to addressing order fallout, provisioning and service activation failures.
- Monitors, evaluates, takes corrective action necessary to meet or exceed service level objectives assigned to his or her area of responsibility.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to automate manual processes and reduce or eliminate unnecessary tasks, calls or chats.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Demonstrated leadership skills to hire, develop, and motivate team members
- Customer service and contact center or equivalent experience, preferred
- Experience with performance management and motivating/coaching to desired behaviors
- Ability to root cause analysis and drive continuous improvement in process and methods within the team environment
- Ability to problem solve and handle internal and external customer escalations
- Demonstrate ability to influence and collaborate across cross functional organizations
- Ability to stay organized while working in a dynamic environment where numerous projects occur at the same time is a must
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead cross functional teams
- Must work effectively under pressure, in an ever-changing environment. Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate tense situations, especially during busy hours
- Analytical thinking - spot trends and anomalies within statistical data, to include using reporting and statistics tools
- Mathematics skills - good understanding of basic accounting/financial practices, statistical analysis techniques, capacity planning strategies, forecasting algorithms, and other similar math skills
- Possess a thorough understanding of how to use these types of tools properly:
- Sttistical and analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, SQL)
- Reporting and publishing tools (e.g., Microsoft Power Point, Visio, SharePoint, Teams)
- Experience with data visualization tools used in communicating and interpreting the outputs of data models and reporting
o Required - Bachelors or Equivalent
o Preferred - Bachelor's in data science, statistics, or mathematics
Alternate Location: US-Idaho-Boise
Requisition #: 224812
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.