Posted Under: Portland, Maine jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 4101
Posted On: 2020-05-24 00:00:00
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that providing superior support and solutions to our customers drives our success, and we want to put you behind the wheel. As the Supervisor, Operations, you will oversee local staff, assign coverage, establish and ensure payment to sub-haulers, and notify leaders of escalating issues. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide elevated support to the dispatcher, ensuring customer requirements are met
- Make appointments for pickup and delivery
- Track empty container availability and ensure container is picked up in a timely manner
- Provide escalated customer support as needed
- Forward PODs on various web-billed accounts
- Track container releases from the pier/rail to prevent demurrage costs
- Develop and mentor staff to reach goals; train staff on company policies and procedures
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities, including interviewing, hiring, disciplining and resolving issues
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of experience in transportation or logistics
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.