Posted Under: Durham, North Carolina jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 27701
Posted On: 2020-03-27 00:00:00
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.--
- Take a leadership role to fully support the business partner in alignment with the SBUs.
- Responsible for ensuring procurement related processes and systems are reflective of business needs and are performing effectively and efficiently.
- Understand customers and company's business objectives, while evolving a procurement strategy and business plan to fully support the business.
- Provide collaborative category management plans to senior management providing visibility on key operational achievements and measurable deliverables.
- Represent Procurement at a senior level by providing professional expertise on global projects requiring cross departmental/SBU representation.
- Analyze and monitor global category requirements integrating local, regional and global expenditures together with supplier performance.
- Participate in global key supplier reviews and identify opportunities for improved sourcing initiatives.--
- Proactively maintain awareness of global economic and business conditions to maximize business opportunities or minimize potential threats.
- Lead initiatives for global and regional supplier consolidation, improved supply chain efficiencies, cost savings and avoidances.--
- Liaise with procurement peers to provide a coordinated approach facilitating the maximum benefits to the business.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with key global and regional suppliers for the more complex, strategic and high dollar contracts to ensure optimum price competitiveness and service levels are maintained.
- With Legal, manage the contract review process and ensure company risk is minimized.
- Collaborate with the Supplier Relationship Management team to ensure suppliers are managed effectively through initiatives such as strategic sourcing, performance monitoring against KPIs, SLAs, benchmarking, contract management and negotiation.
- Ensure the supplier qualification process is performed vigorously and efficiently.
- Promote a vision and action for compliance and standards across the company, fostering cooperation, globalization and positive communication
- Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership, management and development of the team to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals/objectives.
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Knowledge of models and trends in the category supply markets.---
- Ability to perform with considerable independence and judgment.
- Demonstrated success of leading global teams to achieve quantifiable results.
- Highly motivated with ability to drive change in a decentralized / matrixed organization.
- Strong project management skills and results oriented.
- Superior ability to analyze and synthesize current situation; formulate desired and stated outcomes.
- Solid business acumen accompanied by solid and reliable interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in contract negotiations, with significant knowledge of contractual languages
- Solid track record for cultivating strong relationships with client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Superior analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize and draw conclusions on large amounts of data.
- Significant experience in planning and implementing change.
- Second language a plus.
- 10 - 15 years Procurement / Strategic Sourcing experience with emphasis in assigned categories.
- 5+ years in a management role.
- Oracle and Microsoft experience in a global environment is beneficial.
- Experience in a global procurement leadership role demonstrating strong technical and analytical skills and a track record of success working in a global, team-based environment.
- Experience required within the healthcare or closely related industry, such as Pharmaceutical or Biomedical arena, preferred
- BS in Business, Finance or Supply Chain. MBA Preferred.
- C.P.M or equivalent professional certification preferred.