DaVita Medical Group
Posted Under: Seattle, Washington jobs in Accounting, Auditing; Accounting, Auditing jobs in zipcode 98101
Posted On: 2020-02-16 00:00:00
The Accounting department is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team full time to work in our Everett, WA location.The Everett Clinic, a part of Optum, offers excellent benefits including: free onsite parking, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and holidays, health insurance as well as, professional growth opportunities and casual Fridays!JOB SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, performs a wide variety of functions such as data mining, account reconciliations, financial reporting analysis projects for various entities and affiliates. Works to improve and refine current processes to enhance efficiency. Performs some regular and recurring moderately complex accounting functions with minimal supervision. Provides support to the Accounting Manager and Controller.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.20% Responsible for General Ledger maintenance, preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and financial reporting. This would also involve financial statement analysis, including balance sheet and revenue and expense analysis. Performs various types of metric reporting. Ensure adequate internal controls are in place20% Research and reconcile revenue (capitation and FFS) and cost of care (claims) for various plans. This would involve collaborating with other departments .18% Leads or participates in special projects as required. Key team member in various cross functional work groups. Responsible for assisting in documenting policies and procedures as needed.15% Assist with certain key projects including integration and growth..10% Assist with the effective planning and implementation of the budget and preparation of all associated presentations. Assist in ongoing forecasting and provide in depth analysis for actual vs forecasted variances.10% Perform monthly Proof of Cash reconciliation as well as monthly reconciliation of cash to billing/revenue. Reconcile the billing system to the general ledger at month end.5% Serve as liaison to external auditors for the year-end financial audit, SOX compliance, internal audit support. Research FASB/GAAP guidance issues including but not limited to general understanding of tax compliance. Remain current on guidance and serve as resource for managers.This associate will also serve as back up for Account Manager if needed.Duties listed below are integrated into all job functions:
- All staff members are to promote a positive and productive work environment by acting maturely and responsibly, satisfactorily performing his or her job responsibilities and conducting themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner toward fellow employees, physicians and patients.
- Must relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extreme; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond openly and appropriately to feedback regarding performance from a supervisor.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes and supports the Core Values and Compact of The Everett Clinic.
- Integrates Lean principles, practices and tools to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
- Frequently must follow written and oral instructions as well as complete routine tasks independently.
- Completes annual compliance training on HIPAA/Privacy/Confidentiality/Non-Discrimination/Harassment/Integrity Statement and signs Agreements.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information following HIPAA guidelines and TEC policies.
- Attends training to meet requirements of the job position and as needed or mandated by TEC policies, Div. of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), OSHA, L&I and other state/federal regulations.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES2% Performs other duties as assigned.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Note that these requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job.Knowledge: Knowledge of finance and accounting functions, including G/L, cost accounting, financial reporting and internal controls. Maintain current knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles).Skills: Demonstrate skill in analyzing financial data and preparing appropriate reports. Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with Clinic leadership, medical staff, and support staff. Skill in identifying and resolving problems. Abilities: Advanced ability to create and maintain Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Ability to learn and effectively use additional software programs (i.e. AXIOM, Cognos, Infinium) Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and coordinate several activities at one time. Ability to exercise problem identification and apply problem resolution skills whether it be to financial data or operational processes.Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting required.Experience: Minimum of eight years experience in an accounting environment mid to large size corporation. Two years audit experience needed. Advanced level experience using Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. High level experience with mainframe accounting programs.Certificate/License: CPA preferred.PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.MENTAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems; may use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with managers, staff, customers, patients, the public and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied or abusive individuals.TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Typical office conditions and noise level is usually quiet. Interaction with others is busy, constant and occasionally interruptive. Work may be demanding at times. May require ability to work irregular hours.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.CONTACT RELATIONSHIPS: Physicians, employees, patients, public and possibly vendors..The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.Interested in learning more? Lets talk about our opportunities and your career growth! Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here youll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.