Posted Under: Phoenix, Arizona jobs in Accounting, Auditing; Accounting, Auditing jobs in zipcode 85001
Posted On: 2020-02-16 00:00:00
OverviewTerros Health is pleased to share an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Senior Accountant--working at our-- Central Avenue--location.----Reporting to the Senior Director/Controller, the ideal individual is flexible, compassionate and professional.-- The--successful individual will possess at least five years of GL accounting experience, a solid understanding of GAAP, the financial close process, and a strong sense of urgency. If you would like to join a high performing accounting team that prides itself on being audit ready all the time: this may be just the opportunity you are looking for.------We are a healthcare company focused on the whole person, providing primary care and specializing in mental health and substance use treatment for the last 50 years. We help people live their lives in recovery and we save lives every day.----The work that we do in on our Accounting and Finance teams is one of the most important roles for the patients who utilize our services. Ensuring that we can collect on the revenue allows us to remain fiscally stable so that we can continue to serve our patients.-- Along with great benefits, continuous training and a welcoming environment, we offer the opportunity for you to grow in your career with Terros Health.--Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.--------------Responsibilities--Terros Health is hiring a Senior Accountant at our Central Avenue location in Phoenix, AZ.----Full-Time, EmployedMonday-Friday, 8am-5pmNo WeekendsOffering Excellent SalaryFull Benefits, Including 401K and Generous PTO/PST (4+ weeks)------Senior Accountant--Duties Include:
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Assign appropriate general ledger codes to invoices.
- Ensure accounts payable documents are approved, complete and in compliance with policy prior to issuing payment.
- Reconciles check/ach payment totals to invoice control totals and batch totals.--
- Perform month and year end Accounts Payable close procedures within established time-lines.
- Analyze vendor data and expense trends and create monthly journal entry accruals and reclassifications when necessary.
- Maintain prepaid expense schedules and create monthly journal entries to amortize expenses.
- Reconcile employee benefit invoices to payroll expenses and withholdings. Work collaboratively with Human Resources to resolve variances.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.----------Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan--Apply with your resume at www.terroshealth.org--Qualifications
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Great Plains Dynamics/MAS 90/500 or other similar--software.--
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience working--complex spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
- Must have valid Arizona drivers license, be 21 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience and meet requirements of Terros Healths driving policy.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role.
- Must pass a TB Test.-- -- --Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.--#zr