St. Luke's Health System
Posted Under: Twin Falls, Idaho jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs
Posted On: 2020-02-16 00:00:00
OverviewSt. Lukes Health System in Twin Falls is seeking a Lab Asst 1 to join our team.Unit/Position SummaryThe Lab Assistant 1 is responsible for the pre-analytical processing of laboratory specimens AND/OR for the procurement and preparation of laboratory specimens for testing. The Lab Assistant 1 performs simple tasks and test under direct supervision.Responsibilities
- Sort, verify specimen labeling, order entry and distribute specimen.
- May perform Point of Care Testing (POCT).
- May collect blood samples from patients, verify records and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Ensures specimens are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored.
- May order laboratory tests in an efficient, accurate manner.
- May explain collection procedures and provide patient instructions to ensure the accurate collection or preparation of specimens, to facilitate patient/caregiver understanding and to reduce patient anxiety. Provide courier routes as assigned.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- May register patients or provide courier services.Qualifications
- Education: High school or equivalent.
- Experience: 0 years experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: NoneWhy St. Luke'sA strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Lukes Health System. We are the states largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. Were proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.*St. Lukes is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.Category LaboratoryDepartment 4201-LABORATORYPosition Type FlexWork Schedule VARIABLELocation Name 801 Pole Line, Twin Falls, IDRequisition ID 2020-32261