Sims Metal Management
Posted Under: Jersey City, New Jersey jobs in Accounting, Auditing; Accounting, Auditing jobs in zipcode 7097
Posted On: 2020-02-16 00:00:00
Sims Metal Management is the world's leading metal recycling company; turning unwanted post-consumer items and industrial scrap into raw materials for manufacturing operations around the world. We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant- North America to join our facility in Jersey City, NJ.Major Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Prepare journal entries to include payroll, amortization, depreciation, allocations, nontrade accruals, line-of-credit, banking, and others as needed.
- Account Reconciliation for accounting periods closed with no material errors and in line with established timelines
- Contribute to department and organization's special projects as assigned including but not limited to the understanding of the month end Inventory closing process
- Review and analyze the outstanding check list for out dated and stale checks. Follow-up with clearing them by contacting the vendor, supplier and or individual for accuracy
- Support all audit activity (internal and external).
- Assist with annual and quarterly budgets, forecasts, variance analysis and reports, including profits/losses by business units and or yard by yard financials or branch level financials.
- Monitor policies and procedures for assigned departments, and identify and suggest improvements for accounting reporting and recording proceduresJob Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance*1+ years of experience* Strong analytical and accounting skills.* Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.* Frequently use personal judgement and discretion* Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.* Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks.* Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environmentThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, and feel. Reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled