U.S. Air Force
Posted Under: Pocatello, Idaho jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs
Posted On: 2020-02-16 00:00:00
Position Summary Sometimes the only way to diagnose, repair or treat medical problems is through surgery. Specializing in operating room procedures, Surgeons provide critically intricate care specific to the needs of each patient. Whether they operate as a general surgeon or focus on a specialized area such as cardiac or pediatric surgery, these highly trained professionals play an important role in ensuring the health and well-being of every single one of their patients. Benefits The Air Force benefits package is unparalleled in the civilian world. Benefits include:
- 30 days of vacation with pay each year.
- Excellent healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- Tax-free food and housing assistance.
- A generous retirement program.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Free or low-cost world travel opportunities. Qualifications This is an active duty position as an Air Force Officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathic medicine degree from an approved school of medicine or osteopathic medicine
- Completion of a residency or fellowship in surgery
- Completion of additional residency or fellowship related to subspecialty
- Completion of five-and-a-half-week Commissioned Officer Training course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 47
- Must be willing to relocate About the Air Force The U.S. Air Force is the number-one Air Force in the world. Our mission is to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace. We live by three core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do. The Air Force offers hundreds of careers, from healthcare to engineering, in order to serve the American people and provide precise and reliable global vigilance, reach and power for the nation.