Posted Under: Dallas, Texas jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 75201
Posted On: 2020-02-15 00:00:00
Resident Assessment MDS RN AdventHealth Care Center Burleson
This position is located in Burleson Location Address: Huguley Nursing & Rehab 301 Huguley Blvd, Burleson, TX 76028 Walk-In Applicants Welcomed for Immediate Interviews Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Business Office
- AdventHealth Care Center's mission to "Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ"
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization's mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be "Greater as a Whole" Work Hours/Shift: Full-Time/Days You Will Be Responsible For:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local government regulations and legislation and their impact on health care service.
- Knowledge of the Minimum Data Set, Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs), Triggers, Care Area Assessment (CAAs), Plan of Care, Discharge Plan, Skilling Criteria, and documentation requirement per regulations and legislation.
- Reviews resident referral information from a variety of sources.
- Assist Director with look back periods and informing the interdisciplinary team regarding changes in the look back periods for the MDS completion including the "significant change" MDS.
- Assist Director with the MDS team on look back periods and informs the interdisciplinary team regarding changes in the look back periods for the MDS completion including the "significant change" MDS.
- Assist Director with the admission RUG category for payment for the initial five-day medical MDS in collaboration with the Admission designee and the MDS team.
- Assist Director with managing RUG categories by monitoring and capturing care/treatments rendered to residents and recording it.
- Assist Director with establishing MDS schedules for each resident and coordinating the timely completion of ancillary analysis with all team members.
- Assist Director with insuring the MDS's are encoded, edited, locked, and electronically transmitted within the required time frames and that any errors or issues are effectively resolved.
- Ability to perform physical, mental, and psychosocial analysis on all residents and accurately reflect findings in each MDS.
- Ability to develop and revise and individualized plans of care based on resident's current needs and response to current treatments.
- Ability to develop CQI tracking and trending program related to MDS quality indicators. Performs audits at the direction of the DON and submits findings to the DON.
- Ability to review the MDS, CAA's, care plans, and documentation in the medical record, to determine if desired outcomes have been achieved.
- Assist with month-end billing by completing assessments that are preventing month-end close as soon as feasible.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to co-workers, billing managers, medical records staff, clinical managers, administrator, fiscal intermediary, managed care organizations and physicians.
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively organize records and information that are necessary to perform job duties efficiently.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible when situations require and function effectively and in a collegial manner in stressful situations.
- Treat residents and their families with respect and dignity, and ensure resident confidentiality and privacy.
- Involves the resident, the resident's family or legal representative, physician and the interdisciplinary team in the development and updating of the plan of care.
- Participates in the timely communication of care planning activities with residents and/or residents' families as directed.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all departments.
- Ability to meet current standards and policies for documentation.
- Identifies the needs of the resident and communicates those needs to the facility discharge planner prior to the resident's discharge.
- Represents the MDS Department at facility committee meetings in the absence or by direction of the MDS Director.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Attends staff education, training, and other meetings.
- Provides staff teaching as required.
- Understand and utilize resource computer MDS program and forms.
What You Will Need:
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification from a certified instructor requiring live return demonstration, such as the American Heart Association is preferred, and required to be obtained within the first 30 days after employment
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state practicing
- MDS Certification by the American Association of Nursing Assessment Coordinators (AANAC) or the equivalent is preferred or must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Must be 18 years of age or older Job Summary: Works independently to coordinate, audit and oversee functions of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and resident care analysis process to assure compliance with federal and state requirements, and to certify timely completion of MDS analysis. Monitors the assignment of residents to Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs) and the payment periods associated with the MDS schedules. Develops and maintains on-going MDS schedules for each resident. Uses independent judgment and decision making in analyzing residents' physical and mental function and documents data on minimum data set forms completely and accurately to insure accurate billing of residents' accounts; documents all additional analysis required completely and accurately; determines appropriate referrals to other health care professionals; and uses resident analysis protocols to determine whether to proceed or not proceed. Attends assigned committee meetings to represent the MDS department. May coordinate work schedules of one or more other MDS Nurse(s). As a licensed nurse working in a skilled nursing facility may be called upon during critical or emergency situations to perform general nursing duties.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.