Posted Under: Huntington, West Virginia jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs
Posted On: 2020-02-15 00:00:00
Job Title: Field Service Technician
Major Goals and Responsibilities:
Attain and surpass on a continual basis all standards of performance as defined as Territory Management. Professionally represent Prosource as a responsive, reliable customer-oriented company through technically proficient, cost-effective and timely service. This individual should demonstrate an ambitious learning desire, strong employee traits such as attendance and punctuality, as well as good interactive skill.
Products and Services:
Works with the key operator and appropriate customer representative to verify the problem. Diagnoses and repairs the machine, replacing defective parts as necessary. Tests the machine and has the key operator verify the satisfactory operation. Performs preventative maintenance and other machine refurbishments, etc., as required.
- Monitor service calls utilizing Prosource auto dispatch system (voicemail and email) and update Prosource Sales or Customer Service Center about the status of the account.
- Alert other technicians/and manager of any call that is in excess of what can be completed within existing customer commitments and expectations.
- Call every customer within (30 minutes) after acceptance of a service call. Attempt to phone fix the call or provide the customer with an estimated time of arrival that will fulfill their needs. Plan the order of service calls so that a minimum of five service calls per day are completed while still maintaining all customer commitments. Notify all customers regarding all delays or changes in scheduling.
- The technician is responsible for completing all preventative maintenance and emergency calls within their assigned territory. Inform manager of the parts status for incomplete calls and complete those calls on a priority basis. Maintain a current parts/supplies inventory with a 95% line item accuracy and a 5% dollar value variance. Manage your territory and close each service call through Pro-Copys auto dispatch system.
- The technician is responsible for completing 40 hours of both technical and non-technical training per year.
Behavioral Traits, Attitudes & Skills Required:
Socially non-aggressive and non-assertive when dealing with customers.
Needs good questioning and good listening skills with a friendly and receptive attitude.
Needs above average behavioral energy level.
Project a clean and professional business appearance.
Prerequisites (i.e., education, experience):
High school diploma or equivalent.
Technical school graduate or related experience.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Good customer relation skills, to be able to overcome a negative situation and turn it into a positive one.
Clean & valid drivers license.
- Must be able to drive a vehicle to perform all service calls for an 8-hour workday.
- Must be able to carry tool bag and parts (40-80 lbs.) to every service call.
- Must be able to stoop and bend over office equipment throughout the day.
- Must be able to life and/or move copiers and accessories (approximate weight: 25-400 lbs.)
Toughest Part of the Job:
The technicians are empowered with the authority to make the correct business decisions to ensure customer satisfaction within an assigned geographic area.
Compensation Methods, Compensation Range (low to high) and Advancement Opportunities:
The compensation is based on how efficient service calls are performed. Allows technician to earn in direct proportion to their contribution. Opportunities are provided to increase technical skill levels (i.e., factory schools, new product and computer training) as well as improving oral and written communication (i.e., customer relations, seminars) thus increasing the territory customer base and copies serviced annually.