Posted Under: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs in zipcode 73195
Posted On: 2020-11-22
Boeing Defense, Space, & Security (BDS) located in Oklahoma City, is seeking highly qualified software engineers to develop leading edge solutions to directly support the warfighter. Boeing Software is experiencing unprecedented growth across all of its supported platforms due to the award of multiple new contracts. Boeing OKC supports the following platforms; Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) for US, Saudi and NATO, Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEWC) for Australia, Turkey, United Kingdom and Korea, B-1 Strike Bomber, B-2 Stealth Bomber, B-52 Heavy Bomber, and the ALCM weapon. These platforms continue to be updated to keep them relevant and supportive of emerging military systems. Upgrades include state-of-the-art radar systems, hypersonic weapons systems, and cutting edge digital communication infrastructure.Candidates selected for the Sr. Lead Software Engineer positions will work in an agile, collaborative environment working with some of the latest software development tools to support development and integration tasks. Troubleshooting normally involves a high fidelity lab environment working with A/C hardware. Position Responsibilities:
- Provide support as a subject matter expert to programs in Oklahoma City and other Boeing sites.
- Assist teams conducting root cause analyses and problem solving.
- Find solutions to the most the difficult challenges faced by software teams across a wide range of programs.
- Mentor and facilitate development of less experienced Software Engineers.
- Work under minimal direction.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:This position requires the ability to obtain a US Secret Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience with any of the following software development languages: Ada, C, C++, C#, JAVA
- 6 or more years of experience with software development
- 5 or more years of experience leading or managing software engineering activities
- 5 or more years of experience leading a team of engineers
- 5 or more years of experience in a lead role responsible for planning, organizing, and leading personnel to solve complex technical problemsPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in embedded real-time software development
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with various legacy languages Ada, and related development environments is preferred
- Experience in Software Architecture/Development Typical Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies