Global Industrial Services
Posted Under: North Las Vegas, Nevada jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 89095
Posted On: 2020-11-22
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company
Systemax has a 70-year track record of market-leading innovation. Founded in 1949 as a small material handling company, we've grown to be an industry leader with over 1.7 million products in 21 industrial and commercial categories. Global Industrial is a subsidiary of Systemax and represents the largest part of the Systemax family.
The keys to our continued success include the collaborative spirit we cultivate in our associates, our customers, and our vendor partners. Our esteemed customer base includes members of the Fortune 500, small-to-medium size business, and direct to consumer. Conducting business across a wide spectrum of industry verticals, we supply our customers with the industrial equipment and supplies they need to run their business effectively, efficiently, and safely.
Our culture starts with our leadership team. United, they uphold a commitment to transparency and clear communication, creating loyalty and a high level of engagement amongst associates. By joining Global Industrial, a Systemax Company, you are a part of a dynamic organization that rewards high performance as well as an environment of continuous learning with upward mobility through training and development, stretch assignments, and internal mobility.
At our core, we believe in embracing new ideas, teamwork, accountability, and treating our associates the way we want them to treat our customers. We are active listeners - to our employees and to our customers - so that our actions result in a truly delightful associate and customer experience alike. By celebrating our differences and rewarding innovation at all levels of the business, we nurture a culture of belonging and unity to drive change. Key Responsibilities
* Uses an RF scanner to determine the proper products to be moved, gathered, or distributed for completing customer orders.
* Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets, shelves or conveyor belts based on the necessary route for either the packing station or shipping department.
* Operates a riding powered pallet jack and/or forklift to move products efficiently in a productive environment.
* Receives processed orders, verifies accuracy of order and scans order into computer system.
* Banding product securely to respective pallet using company standards to ensure our customers satisfaction.
* Utilizes machinery to shrink wrap products on pallets.
* Operates forklift and pallet jack to stage or load products as necessary.
* Loads orders safely and efficiently.
* Receives merchandise into the warehouse daily upon delivery.
* Unloads trucks and verifies inventory.
* Record and report discrepancies and/or damages as needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies and skills
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Must have previous experience operating a gas forklift and electric pallet jack.
* Minimum of 1 year experience working in a Warehouse environment required.
* Minimum of 1 year experience operating an electric pallet jack required.
* Minimum of 1 year experience utilizing an RF Scanner required.
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis required.
* Able to stand, walk, pull and bending 100% of the day on a continuous basis in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have organizational and multi-tasking skills in fast-paced environment.
* Utilize various types of packing supplies to protect product on pallet for shipping.
* Reading and comprehension skills required.
* Must possess computer exposure.
* Strong initiative and self-motivational skills.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.