NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Posted Under: Nashua, New Hampshire jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 03064
Posted On: 2020-11-22
Job #: 33382 Title: Research Chemist Job Location: Nashua, New Hampshire - United States Employment Type: Salary: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly Employer Will Recruit From: Local Relocation Paid?: NO WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? Ideal opportunity for a Chemist who enjoys doing polymer synthesis work carrying a new idea from the bench to a finished product that is commercialized. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client manufactures specialty adhesives, coatings, coated products, and thermoplastic extrusion Thy need a highly motivated Research Chemist working in a team environment to lead projects based on existing and new polymer technology. The Research Chemist will lead synthesis and characterization projects and be responsible for the success of all technical tasks from the laboratory bench to the manufacturing floor. Responsibilities:
- Research and synthesize new polymer formulations from lab bench to production scale up
- Identify regulatory status of new polymer formulations to ensure compliance with TSCA, FDA, REACH and customer restricted substance requirements.
- Evaluate develop compound new formulations in urethanes, thermoplastic extrusions and solvent and waterborne adhesives (latex, natural/synthetic rubbers, PSAs)
- Utilize internal analytical resources to characterize properties and performance of materials.
- Manage multiple projects to success from polymer group to manufacturing and quality if required
- Outline, organize and perform experiments and projects for external and internal customers.
- Communicate technical information to customers, raw material suppliers, employees and visitors.
- Protect Company technology through use of IP tools, contribute to building a strong IP portfolio.
- Travel to customers, on occasion as needed. QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required, advanced degree preferred
- 4 + years experience relevant industry experience, polymer synthesis knowledge preferred.
- Hands-On Experience in coatings or adhesives preferred. compounding, Urethane chemistry, Thermoplastics, Adhesives Science, Plastic Film Extrusion or Polymer Science.
- Perform and interpret various physical and chemical analysis of materials.
- Establish technical credibility and presence with internal and external Customers.
- Knowledge of patents and IP procedures.
- Strong verbal, written skills and organizational skills required to keep team focused
- Display sense of accountability and take ownership to drive projects forward to success.
- Build and maintain relationships and interact effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Influence without formal authority and leverage cross-functional relationships to succeed.
- Strength in data collection and analysis, evaluation, GC-Headspace, FTIR, DSC, instrumentation
- Travel to customers, on occasion as needed. Education:
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree