Milliken & Company
Posted Under: Clinton, South Carolina jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 29325
Posted On: 2020-10-18
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
Job summary: Milliken & Company is looking for a reliable Dispatcher to help create trucking routes that keep costs down but meet customer scheduling needs. The Dispatcher will be responsible for using the latest in routing software to establish daily trucking routes that make required stops outlined in customer contracts. The successful candidate for this position needs to be able to adjust to last minute changes and work with drivers to schedule emergency pick-up or delivery for new or established clients when necessary.
Must be flexible with schedule.
* Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers throughout the day
* Collaborate with management to modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
* Act as a communication liaison through the two-way truck radio system and answer incoming phone calls from drivers
* Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes
* Monitor any sudden route changes or road construction issues and work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
Qualifications and skills:
* High school diploma/GED required
* Knowledge of DOT regulations to maintain compliance with DOT regulations and company polices
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
* Strong knowledge of the roadways throughout the immediate area
* Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations
* Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
* Must be reliable and flexible to work 1st or 2nd shift to meet work demands
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.