Posted Under: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 19195
Posted On: 2019-10-10
Business Unit: Job Summary:This position resides within the Reliability Engineering Asset Portfolio Management and Intake organization and is responsible for collaborating with and driving various cross-functional project teams in the latter stages of hardware asset deployment and operational readiness in Comcast national and regional data centers. This position also requires developing and documenting the operational readiness process tasks that are currently supported in an ad-hoc manner. If you are self-motivated, inquisitive, enjoy problem solving, thrive in a somewhat unstructured environment, are able to define and execute clear processes, and want to work in a fun, collaborative team, then this just might be the role you?ve been looking for! Core Responsibilities:As part of the Asset Portfolio Management team, drive the tasks that lead to the operational readiness of hardware assets after the assets have been deployed and configured in our national and regional datacenters. Example of key responsibilities:
- Define the operational readiness process and identify the key players.
- Define SLAs for the completion of operational readiness tasks.
- Ensure the tasks required to operationalize and monitor our devices have been completed.
- Capture results and status of operational readiness tasks (e.g., security scans, monitoring, etc.) with the purpose of measuring progress towards goals, and measuring performance against objectives.
- Update internal databases of record with all information associated with deployed assets, critical in identifying location, owner, etc. of assets.
- Assist with resolution across National and Regional cross-functional teams of issues preventing operational readiness.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal customers and partner organizations.
- Provide regular and ad hoc status updates to management and project teams as directed.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and automation opportunities
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Job Specification:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Knowledge of and experience with datacenter environments preferred.
- Experience with server deployment processes preferred.
- Experience with network deployment processes preferred.
- Experience with storage deployment processes preferred.
- Experience with Windows/Linux infrastructure preferred.
- Knowledge of Public and Private Cloud environments preferred.
- Advanced computer literacy including but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Windows applications -- Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project -- required.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain consistent attention to detail.
?Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer