Posted Under: Kansas City, Missouri jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 64195
Posted On: 2019-10-10
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - FT Nights
The Research Medical Center ICU RNs have been described asthe""Navy Seals of Nursing""... the ""Top Elite""!
The best of the best, working with incredible tenacity, drive, heart and wicked smart!
- Do you strive to be amongst the Top Elite in Nursing, working with the best of the best?
- Do you apply critical thinking skills and thrive in high pressure environments?
We are the only ICU in our system that cares for Comprehensive Stroke patients, ECMO Patients, TAVR, Impella, complex Level one trauma patients!
We train more RNs to be NPs and CRNAs!
If this team is where you NEED to be, APPLY NOW!
For experienced RNs we are offering relocation assistance of $5,000 and a Sign-On Bonus up to $5,000!
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life . Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in a 590 bed facility.
About this Unit:
- 32 Bed, Medical/Surgical ICU, Level 1 Trauma and Triple Crown facility
- ECMO, TAVR, Impella, CABGs, Complex Trauma patients
- Fast paced, multitasking, and advanced critical thinking skills utilized
- Cohesive teamwork, opportunity to be training and developed by top notch nurses, educators, mentors and physicians
- Work 4 Weekends in a 4 week schedule with your Full Time status
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Research Medical is a Comprehensive Stroke Center, Level 1 Trauma Center, and achieved Pathways Designation in 2016.
Learn more about working at Research Medical Center where above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life:
Recently named America's Coolest City .
Learn more about living in KC. http://www.thinkkc.com/with/HCAMidwest
About Research Medical Center
Research Medical Center has served Kansas City and the surrounding area since 1886-and those years have allowed the 590-bed facility to put down meaningful roots in a community that depends on its acute and outpatient medical care services.
The hospital, which offers medical and health clinic services across three Kansas City locations, including the main campus on Meyer Boulevard, the Research Medical Center Brookside Campus on Rockhill Road and Research Psychiatric Center, a Campus of Research Medical Center on 63rd Street. Research Medical Center features a broad range of highly specialized, state-of-the-art services including a Level I Trauma Center; Neuroscience Institute; Level 1 TCD-designated Stroke Center and the region's first Accredited Primary Stroke Center; TIA Clinic; Grossman Burn Center; Liver and Pancreas Institute of Kansas City; the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Research Medical Center; Obstetrics; Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; Transplant Institute; and Orthopedics, among others.
Although Research Medical Center receives awards and prestigious recognition from The Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and other high-profile organizations, we don't rest on them-instead, our team members put excellence into action.
Research Medical Center, as part of HCA MidAmerica, does much more than just make an impact on patient lives and the community it serves. Our culture is founded on HCA's tenets of innovation, high-quality care, mutual respect and collaborative teamwork. Our hospital offers career opportunities that challenge, embrace and transform lives. And the unwavering dedication to deliver world-class healthcare is a two-way street: Research Medical Center is committed to its employees and, in turn, employees are committed to its patients and loved ones.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse(RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Registered Nurse (RN)provides nursing care is in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit structure standards
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current state of Missouri RN licensure required.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required.
- BLS certification required at hire and maintained.
- ACLS required within 6 months.
- Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN) or Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC) required within one year.
- Previous clinical experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills
*Sign-on bonuses are based on qualifying criteria - Current Employees not eligible - Please ask your recruiter for details.
For more information on all our ICU openings, both Medical/Surgical and our Neuro ICU, please contact the Recruiter, Megan Kegley at 816-589-4519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org