Tulane Medical Center
Posted Under: New Orleans, Louisiana jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 70195
Posted On: 2019-10-10
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Tulane Medical Center --- Lakeside Campus, Metairie, LA - FULL TIME--Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP)--Come make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic NewOrleans!--Learn More about living in New Orleans Here.https://portal.mpkinteractive.com/view/media/374/7567--Practicing on medicine---s leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it everyday at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers in thecountry. Learn more about what our employees have to say about working at TulaneMedical Center--http://bit.ly/2fdd9Ts.--About Tulane Lakeside HospitalFor more than 50 years, Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care vital to the healthcare needs of women and their babies in Jefferson Parish. Our commitment to treating women and their babies has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of healthcare options for the entire family. We provide cutting edge technology in many specialties including Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Radiology and Surgery.--Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children is part of Tulane Health System, an acclaimed teaching, research and medical system serving the greater New Orleans area. Our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement--of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.As a member of our family, you can be assured of: A safe place to work. Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties. Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility. A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings. Fair and understandable compensation and benefits, including Tuition Assistance, Student Loan Reimbursement, Paid Family Leave, and much more!Tulane Medical Center is currently hiring a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP).--The Neonatal Nurse Practitioner practices in collaboration with a licensed physician pursuant to a collaborative practice agreement.-- The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for clinical management for an assigned patient population.-- Enhances the quality of care through education and advanced nursing knowledge and practice through research.-- Collaborates effectively with the interdisciplinary care team.-- Acts as liaison between the nursing care and medical teams.--Primary Job Duties:
- Performs the clinical management of patients in their related specialty area following established guidelines.
- Orders/performs therapeutic/diagnostic studies/procedures as assigned and demonstrated through competency.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to plan and coordinate patient care.
- Disseminates pertinent information to assigned patients/staff/healthcare providers gathered from research, special projects or committee involvement related to their role or specialty area.
- Provides the counseling and teaching for patients/families and other health care professionals related to their specialty area or role.
- Evaluates outcomes of direct patient care and documents findings, interventions and results.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.-- Qualifications Qualifications for Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP):
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana license as APRN and RN.-- Current CPR certification and advanced life support certification, if applicable in specialty area of assignment.-- Prescriptive authority preferred, if applicable in area of assignment.
- Education:-- Graduation from an approved Master of Nursing; Nurse Practitioner program preferred.
- Experience: One year of experience in specialty area preferred.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both oral and written.-- Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.-- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.-- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule forms.
- Hours of work: Shift varies as scheduled.--
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.