Baptist Home Care and Hospice - North Mississippi
Posted Under: Batesville, Mississippi jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 38606
Posted On: 2019-10-10
This is a full time RN Registered Nurse position. The Care Transition Coordinators primary responsibility is to facilitate a seamless transition for patients discharging from a facility setting to the care of an LHC Group Hospice agency for end-of-life care needs. The CTC will verify Hospice orders, assess for appropriate care needs, and confirm acceptance with the Hospice agency care based on the Hospice agency's ability to meet the patient's needs. Following transition and agency acceptance, the CTC will begin best practice intervention and education to improve end-of-life outcomes and promote patient comfort. LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Successfully executes a weekly, monthly, and quarterly strategy to increase market share through key account development including prospecting-diversification and call frequency-routing. Plans activity to maximize territory coverage of both existing and prospective accounts
- Responsible for achievement of admission goals-expectations as established at hire or at review of annual agency budget goals
- Assists the LHC Group agency with the preparation for accepting care of the patient post discharge from the hospital
- Coordinates other services for the patient with ancillary service providers (DME-Infusion)
- Ensures the availability of a attending physician to follow the patients care in the home or the transfer of primary care to the hospice medical director
- Assists the Administrator with execution of contracts for facility based services for hospice patients
- Explains hospice services and agency procedures to the patient and his-her family members
- Involves the family-caregivers in the educational process and assesses post-discharge educational-coaching needs
- Knowledgeable about state specific admission criteria and timelines for admission
- Monitors the status of all patients receiving Respite or General Inpatient Care and facilitate the communication between the agency-hospital-physician
- Participate in bi-weekly IDG meetings, as necessary to give an update regarding accounts, customer needs, and progress towards agency growth strategies
- Participates in weekly one-on-one meetings with Administrator
- Responsible for the initial medication reconciliation with appropriate hand off and communication to visiting staff
- Schedules a follow-up phone call to the FCC in the system 48 hours post admit
- Serves as a liaison between the LHC Group agency, the facility care setting and the referring physician
- Serves as an educational resource for hospital staff and physicians regarding the hospice benefit and related regulations, including, consulting with hospital staff or physicians regarding an individual patients suitability for hospice benefit provided there is NO contact with the patient or the patients family members prior to the referral to hospice
- Visits and communicates with the patient in the hospital to obtain necessary information to facilitate the transfer
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Must have one year hospice experience or one year of hospital case management experienceLicense Requirements
- Must have current RN licensure in state of practiceSkill Requirements
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have thorough understanding of hospice qualifying criteria and coverage guidelines.
- Proficent computer skills.
- Current CPR, driver's license, valid vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that ---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It---s our purpose.--