Herman Miller, Inc
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2019-10-10
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Regional Sales Director at Herman Miller and make both.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
As a Regional Sales Director, you'll develop, lead, and motivate the Regional Selling Team through staffing, training, coaching, and striving for improved performance, as well as managing region business activities. You'll also be responsible for ongoing dealer sales planning, market share growth, and progress against the revenue goal for the region.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
* Achieve assigned goals for market share growth, revenue, and order/shipment volumes, as well as margin percentage.
* Conduct all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller Sales process, utilizing the corporate tools and resources provided (Blue/Gold Sheeting, LAMP, etc.).
* Drive business development within the region and monitor and track opportunities within Top 250 accounts.
* Engage with dealers within the region to develop annual and joint business plans. You'll hold regular dealer reviews to review progress to plan and identify necessary changes and adjustments.
* Evaluate the performance and activities of the Regional Sales Team and make adjustments as needed for the effective deployment of personnel.
* Hire, develop, and maintain a professional, enthusiastic, competent, and committed sales staff, as measured by performance results, employee morale, number of Cube Award winners, etc.
* Interface regularly with the A D Vice President/Director(s) on the overall regional A D strategy.
* Lead the market strategy in a large, Top 10 Region, engaging all business partners of each vertical market segment resident within the region.
* Manage region business activities, including budget management, discounting, account planning, and relationship management of customers, dealers, and, where applicable, A D firms.
* Manage within the assigned expense budget.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* Provide timely and accurate regional reporting as required by Executive Sales Leadership and Sales Operations.
* Utilize Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) information to accurately complete monthly forecasts of expected sales volume by account and product line.
* Work strategically with business partners within Herman Miller North America (HMNA) and utilize the current Regional Operating Agreements.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You might be just who were looking for if you have...
* A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred. An equivalent level of experience with evidence of ongoing professional development will also be considered.
* Six or more years of sales leadership experience demonstrating a proven track record of leadership success and knowledge of contract and capital goods industries.
* Eight to ten years of successful contract and capital goods selling experience. Federal government experience is preferred.
* A thorough knowledge of Herman Miller products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products and services from the competition.
* Advanced selling skills, including account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts (closing), as well as ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
* Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
* The ability to be an assertive self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner in order to gain a high level of confidence from a diverse group of customers.
* The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment at all levels of the organization and the ability to build long-term relationships with customers and partners.
* The ability to encourage new ideas and to generate, explore, and clarify them. You'll also need a passion for the sales process with an understanding of its foundations and a commitment to actively seek opportunities, calculate risk, and commit to action.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities with a strong emphasis on listening. You'll also need demonstrated people management skills and the ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
* Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and a results-oriented work style. You'll also need the ability to gain a high level of confidence from subordinates and a large number of customers.
* A demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
* Financial literacy, business acumen, and a profit conscious mindset.
* A willingness and ability to travel as required.
* The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
* The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
WHO WE ARE
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.